Nitrous and Meth, thoughts on using both

I think that would work out best, c16 seems like a simpler safer choice with the nitrous, and how often would you be using nitrous? c16 is expensive but your only using it when your spraying.

your using an ebc right? still have turbo toys? and what are you tuning with?

My setup is kind of unique. I basically have my car tuned about as good as it gets on my pcm. Its a 12.1:1 afr, 0.0 kr , cool intake temp setup, on both pump and race. I don’t really have any other way to tune the nitrous, other then changing the jets when I am testing it on the dyno to see what I need to maintain a safe afr.

I have a variation of turbo toys with an ebc, but I may be changing that up shortly, I haven’t decided on what I am doing yet.

As for the percentage of meth, I currently run 50/50. Good call on the freezing point comment. The -20 stuff isn’t really 35% meth, at least any more. I am pretty sure new versions of the -20 fluids are down to 10% or less meth. So I should be good to well below -20 for my freezing point. I wonder what the nitrous will get too.

Also worth nothing, if I do a spray to spool shot, or even a regular top end shot, I really won’t be spraying too much. I am no nitrous guru, but I would assume the more you spray, the colder it would get? That is how meth works at least.

–mark

smoking meth is where it’s at, nitrous just makes me feel silly

How about this “is the best way to achieve a nitrous explosion” & definitely bad advice

Not too sure about your set up but I ran N20 and meth on my cav and it worked great for cooling the supercharger. As for a turbo application would you do wet or dry?

Also I will call you tomorrow on the door it is at the body shop now I want to have it for you by the weekend.

Thanks man, I can’t wait to get that door on :tup:

And yeah, I talked to a bunch of people who have done it, and I guess it does work well. I will be spraying my 500cc meth nozzle like normal, above 18 psi, along with my wet shot. We’ll see how it goes!

:tantrum:

smoking Meth and doing Nitrous whippets would probably fuck you up pretty good, but I think Crack might be cheaper… :stuck_out_tongue:

Ugh…people have only been doing this for years. Many spray the nitrous before the turbo let alone spraying it in the hot side pipe and then have the fuel injected later. Check out some high HP turbo/nitrous import drag cars.

Yup it works fine if done properly. We’ve sprayed meth through blowers and turbos with great results. On the blowers I just recommend making sure they’re coated with something the withstands water/meth mix. I haven’t seen any wear/corrosion on turbos, but the supercharger manufacturers make a big fuss about spraying water/meth through them if they aren’t teflon coated so I’d ask to play it safe.

Mine was coated, also Mark I know a lot of people use the DevilsownOnline kits on the SRT4s thats whay I run on my car. The guy who runs it is really a good guy.

Yeah, Mike got me hooked on coolingmist, so I just stuck with it. They make great progressive controllers and such, but I figure my system is so complex anyways, I can’t even imagine having yet another complicated electronic on my car.

Sounds theoretical too me with nothing proven. Its actually safer too run water/meth and NOS because you don’t have the fear of detination (if the motor can withstand the power of course). Is this a direct injection NOs kit we are talking about? Well one way or another the nitrous will eventually mix with the water//meth solution. I’ve heard of people running water/meth and nitrous without problem.

Heres a good forum too look into for that. www.snowperformance.net

^ uh wow a little late…he already sold the srt

HEET is 99% meth so you could use some with distilled water or just get some from innovative. You should be running 50/50 don’t take a chance with random washerfluid (the dye in most washerfluids clog up the injector screens anyway)

Oh snap :mamoru:

Why not just use denatured alcohol from home depot.I dont think it will freeze.Seeing there no water involved.I use that with my smc alky system.

I never ran washer fluid…

I had 100% meth I got from mike @ innovative, and I cut it 50/50 with distilled water. I sprayed a 60 shot of nitrous/fuel with my meth injection 550 cc nozzle, and it worked great. I never had any freezing issues, at least that I know of. The car moved pretty good :tup: