Nitrous Help

Alright then ill just run the 75 shot and hopefully ill be fine, i dont see why not… thanks for the help from everyone, appreciated…

You can tune the nitrous somewhat. If you buy some dyno time you can play with the jets to adjust your a/f ratio. There are other parameters that you’ll want to monitor, but for a 75 shot I wouldn’t worry about it too much. If you start spraying more than 100 shot I would start thinking about ways to monitor knock, timing, egt…

You’ll have a good time nitrous is fun.

id have to agree with most of the guys on here. If its your DD i would definitly get a purge for the system, and a 75 shot is a good start.

What does being a DD have to do with getting a purge?

I never really thought much about running the nitrous in very cold weather. I guess that’s because I don’t drive the Camaro in the winter. But even on cold fall days, I tend to leave it off. You will mkae a lot more hp with denser air and since my combo is kind of on the edge anyway, I tend to be conservative with either very high or very low air temps - the tune is not calibrated for either.

In your case, a small shot (50-75) probably won’t be so critical. But you will certainly need to get the bottle up to temp or else you’ll be rich as hell with a wet system. Your cylinder walls will not like this and will slow you down. Just don’t get greedy. Nitrous is like a drug and if everything seems fine at say 75hp, how could another 25hp hurt? Unfortunately, it can. It’s an all or nothing thing. Everything will be fine up to the point of a major meltdown. I would be reluctant to find this point on my DD or any car that I wasn’t financially and emotionally ready to rebuild.

One other thing, once you start to use anything over a small nitrous shot, you need a way to retard timing. Nitrous really increases the speed of flame front propagation. The result of a too early rise in cylinder pressure (before TDC) can be very very bad.

Rich

If the tranny’s are shitty I wouldn’t spray through the shifts, thats a good way to toast your auto real quickly. A window switch and fuel pressure regulator would make your setup pretty solid in addition to a heater.

But to answer your question…start small, with the 50 and then the 75 if everythings kosher. Whack it with the 100 at the track a couple times. As long as everythings properly set up and checked over it shouldn’t be a problem.

Bottle Heater is a definate before i spray it, i want to make sure im going ot be safe… yes i know not to spray through gears, not a good idea… im only going to be holding the button between like 3000 and 4500… ive read all over NX’s website that messing with the timing is NOT a good idea, for a 75 shot i should be fine with 93 octane, colder plugs, a 180 thermostat, bottle heater, and purge… hopefully

you really dont need a purge on a 75 shot but buy a wot switch