nitrous on a stock 5.0?

the motor itself is stock, maped ECU, exhaust, built tranny, rebuilt rear end, fender air intake. its a 2001 with just over 50k miles whats safe to run for nitrous? 50 dry shot?

1. wet.

75 shot = pussy

I agree 75-100 shot wet with retarded timing should be no problem. Don’t go dry.

So, uh, where’d you get a 2001 5.0? And what kind of car is it?

Maybe I’m just out of the loop, but you might want to tell more than displacement to know what’s safe in your vehicle. I.E. make, model, transmission, if it is a motor that was (re)built in 2001, who did it? yada yada yada.

sounds like a 4.6 mustang.

125 all day!

anything less would be a waste

Trust me ive done it

didnt i say what the car was in the title? its a 2001 mustang GT 4.6 V8 5speed motor was not rebuilt. its orgoinal. with 50k miles tranny was rebuilt. not sure where. and its not mine, but its kinda my project with his money

a 4.6 is considered a 5.0?? Im lost…

awhhh i thought he was spraying a explorer :frowning: they were 5.0 untill the last few years

[quote=“13005TEDGP,post:8,topic:29416"”]

a 4.6 is considered a 5.0?? Im lost…

[/quote]

x2:wtf:

[quote=“KuntryQuestTSi,post:7,topic:29416"”]

its not mine, but its kinda my project with his money

[/quote]

If I were him, I’d reconsider this.

Anyway, agree with the wet shot 75, could probably go as high as 125.

Do you know the difference between a wet shot and a dry shot? If a cold air intake is the only mod then why does it have a built tranny? What happened to the rear end? What’s a “maped” ECU?

Just trying to get more info out of you before you go blowing up your friends Mustang. I’m sure it’s probably fine, but from what you’ve posted the condition of this mustang sounds suspect.

200 shot with a dry kit all day…stock fuel system :tup:

[quote=“FormulaLS1,post:13,topic:29416"”]

200 shot with a dry kit all day…stock fuel system :tup:

[/quote]

Careful though, only at partial throttle.

I smell burning pistons.

100wet. That is pretty much the most I have seen stock.

125,150 all day

if ur going to own a mustange know a 5.0 and a 4.6 are to different motors

[quote=“nitroinsane,post:17,topic:29416"”]

if ur going to own a mustange know a 5.0 and a 4.6 are to different motors

[/quote]

as Ford and Chevy are to different brands. :biglol:

Sorry, lame SAT Verbal style joke.

5.0 = PUSHRODS
4.6 = MODULAR OVERHEAD CAM MOTOR

Anyone who thinks a 4.6 is a 5.0, maybe should stay away from the bottle and go back to his Honda.