Nitrous Oxide, Race Gas

Where do you guys go for this? Here in Oneonta we do not have any of this, we only have aviation fuel, 100 low-led which is formulated for low oxygen, high altitude…
And what is the going price on Nitrous Oxide.

Thanks!

I would try The Racers Edge.

Theres a Runway Express in Rotterdam and a Sunoco in Malta that sell race gas, as does Lebanon Valley dragway when theyre open or you can buy it in drums from a place like Stark Northeast Oil in Schenectady.

For NOS theres J&R Welding supply in Ballston Spa and a few other places in the area.

I fill mine at J and R welding supply in ballston spa. 6.50/lb

its $69.00 for a full 10lb bottle.

redline tuned your Trans am with the 440 in it? It didnt blow up yet?

Thank You &
440 is not in the car, and the shortblock is for sale. Lets not turn this into another Redline thread, i’ve had nothing but great work and awesome relations with Howard and his employees.

Wrong section.

Anyway, a lot of us are switching to E85, but I do realize it’s no where close to you.

However, the AVGAS that you speak of is an EXCELLENT fuel. “formulated for low oxygen, high altitude” is garbage. It’ll take the place of any ~100 octane ‘race gas’ just fine, I’ve used it off and on for years.

EDIT-a quick search shows E85 not too far from you (under 50 miles).

:haha

Yeah, I’d def want a race fuel in something that Flatline t00ned for pump gas, just to be ‘safe’.

Av gas will be fine man and the low lead is what ya want so ya don’t fowl o2 sensors honestly just order a drum of race fuel thru v.p its not bad and if ya keep it sealed after ya get gas it holds up well . N.o.s is typicaly anywhere from 6.50 /8.00 a lb .

J&R is a friend of mines family biz, hit them up for n/o

Does Noone else see that he is not near j/r or any of our nitrous filling stations ?

ABS Chasis for race fuel (lots of variety and closer to Oneonta):

(518) 895-8894
5469 Duanesburg Rd
Duanesburg, NY 12056

Hunt Machine in Schenectady fills N2O. Closest fill station to you that I know of.

http://www.huntsmachine.com/index1.htm

but he asked where we go, not whats local to him

Thank you for the info!!!