Nitrous Questions and Suggestions wanted

My buddy calls me up a couple weeks ago and tells me he has this nitrous kit for sale, they removed it from a C6 Z06 corvette at the dealership. Anyways i bought it not knowing weather i’d use it just because it was soo damn cheap and i couldn’t pass it up. I figure at the least i would sell it and make a couple hundred bucks.

Now i’m thinking i should just throw it in my honda s2000 for the hell of it, did some reading and it seems like wet is safer? From what i can tell i would need a window switch and a wet nitrous management unit. Probably some lines and tap for the fuel line and what not.

I guess my real question is what should i do with this? Wet, dry or other? I origionally planned on using for an intercooler sprayer for when my turbo goes in (mid summer) but now i’m thinking i should hook it up first.

So anyways this is what i have below:
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h135/jacobennis/297e194f.jpg
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h135/jacobennis/16bf2c37.jpg
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h135/jacobennis/af70d451.jpg

Personally, Id sell it…

I love where your build is going, but Id love to see it stay N/A and put the nitrous
money towards ITB’s :excited

Even if you are looking to go f/i, I still think the nitrous is a waste (for IC spray)
and honestly not something that would benefit a time-attack/road course themed car.

First thing you need to know about nitrous is that if you use it… you are king of the streets.

-Smokinssssss logic

Ryan, this car stands no chance of staying NA

no2 is safe , and the harris system is a good kit . butttt converting over to a wet system may be more money than just buying a wet kit from elsewhere . i also am a no2 junkie lolol . sell me the kit lol

depending on price I may be interested in the kit as it did come of an LSX and is probably closer to full install for my application.

http://image.automotive.com/f/hotproducts/29381379+pheader/0908_sbkp_09_z+nitrous_express+nitrous_kit.jpg

c’mon no2 junkies, help me out please

I would only be interested in selling the controller and the intake sprayer, if i was to sell

I dont even know what nitrous is…

^ that’s about as believable as Travis knowing about proper dental care

ok for real. Dont use it as a intercooler sprayer. Nitrous costs 70.00 to fill a 10lb bottle. If you want to seem cool and have a sprayer…use co2. its less then half the price.

now, a wet kit uses fuel solenoids to do the nitrous/fuel mixture. A dry kit, you need to have your car tuned for the injectors to add the fuel. on dry kits you need much larger injectors and most likely a fuel pump to run them unless you want to blow your shit up. A wet kit is more of a “slap on” and spray kit after you take away timing and plugs. You need to run non-projected colder step plugs also like a ngk br6ef or a br7ef…however, I dont recommend to DD on these plugs as they are famous for loading up and fouling.

I also see you have a microedge controller. Thats what I have in my car running my nitrous setup. That controller will do anything and everything…I dont need to tell you what it does, just go to this link…

http://www.harrisspeedworks.com/product.php?productid=1&cat=57&page=1

or you can sell me the bottle, filter and bottle opener :wink:

Ok so it looks as though i wouldn’t need a window switch, but what would i need to run this as a wet kit? From what i can tell i’d need a nitrous management unit like the zex?

Like i said, i don’t know enough about nitrous. I’ve got a buddy with a bottle in his rabbit but he’s in south carolina until mid summer for work.

do some research before you put nitrous on then. Its the people that dont know how to properly use them that blow shit up…

you need wet fuel solenoids, fuel jets, a fuel line etc.

get a fuel solenoid and make it a wet shot. Intercooler sprayers are the gayest thing ever. Literally. You’ve got a lot of good stuff there. You could sell the plate to somebody as well. Dunno what they are worth.

plate sells for 250- new on hsw website, i put it in the fs sections for 150 obo

nice… actually it looks like it already is a wet shot looking at the pics again. looks like you’ll just need some of the proper jets and nozzles to hook it up. get somebody who knows something about it to set the controller and stuff. looks like a good set up

300 shot it.

the plate is the only part of the system I cant use. LoL.

Definitely wet shot. And while you seem to be into fabricating you could build a standalone fuel system for the nitrous and run race gas in it. Use a low pressure fuel pump and bigger fuel jets so the wont clog as easy. Then you can fine tune this system with pressure regulator as well.

yup now that I look at it, that is a wet kit…

so in other words if you cant tell the difference between a wet kit and a dry. Sell the kit because you will blow your shit up.

sell the kit and continue on with your build . you will thank me later