Nitrous

I know a lot of you guys are into nitrous and shit. So out of pure curiosity, what is the difference between a dry shot of nitrous and a wet shot?

Nitrous Oxide Dry Injection Kits
Nitrous oxide dry injection kits spray nitrous oxide into the intake manifold and it is mixed with fuel and air at the injectors. Dry shots of nitrous oxide usually provide less of a power increase because there is no way of providing additional fuel to balance the extra oxygen in the combustion mixture. So you have to be a little conservative as too lean of an air-fuel mixture will cause the engine to just blow up. At least with stock factory injectors anyway.

Nitrous Oxide Wet Injection Kits
The other type of nitrous oxide injection is wet nitrous oxide injection. Wet nitrous oxide shots have fuel in them. This explains the usage of the word wet. The nitrous oxide is mixed together with fuel and a fogger injects this mixture directly into the throttle body. This provides the extra fuel to balance out the extra oxygen provided by the nitrous oxide, thus keeping the air-fuel mixture stoichiometric or not too lean. However wet nitrous injection kits might cause puddles of fuel to be stuck in the intake manifold, and cause severe backfire conditions.

alright… thanks man

:shifty

calm down

welcome

:facepalm

I know a lot of people in this thread know about buttsex… so what’s the difference between dry buttsex and wet buttsex?

go wet and go big oh and i also fixed the last sentance in your post:lol

You mean like the direct port I installed today? Starting off at a 100 shot. :ninja

Google does wonders… :lol

Like the previous post Google is your friend.

honestly… I just did not feel like looking this up, Im sure I could have easily found the answer to this but guess what… Im lazy as FUCK

I bet it took longer to post a question on here and wait for a response than to type the same thing into google.

Yup^^

And…there are a TON of R-Tards on here(not singling anyone out, they know who they are lol). I would go wet kit, they are safer, and you can run the big boy pills. THats what im going to be switching my dry kit to hopefully over the winter.

I didn’t even know that you had a dry kit… What size shot are you on now?

Yup, I bought the thing prolly like 4-5yrs ago, and that was the “new setup to have”. Im only on a 125 shot, as much as I can go safely on the dry kit. With any luck ill sell the quad, save some cash and get the motor freshened up and do a 175-250 hit with a tune.

I got a Compucar kit that used to be installed in a 5.slow. Jets for 50-200 in 25 increments. Gonna wipe the dust off it and install soon. All this talk is making me want to see what it will do, besides taking up space for 3 years on my parts shelf.

sorry for being an R-tard guys :’(

dry or wet? single nozzle?