No '08 250R's to be had :(

I’m looking into the 2008 Ninja 250R’s as my first bike. Hoping to pick one up around July-ish, but it seems all local dealerships have waiting lists two or three months long, and I’d like to acutally see and sit on one before I give a down payment or get on a waiting list. Dealerships don’t even have a single one in their showrooms.

Does anyone on here have a new 2008 250?

Just bought mine. An amazing bike man. I was lucky that this model was in stock. Only because the person changed their mind on the color. :ninja

See this thread for pics and any other info…

http://shift518.com/index.php?topic=740.0

Never assume, there are indeed girls on the internet :lol :tong

Did you sign up for the MSF course yet?

There are a few around and the owners would be more than glad to let somebody sit on one and check it out. While I do not condone it, as a last case scenario you can sit on one when you spot one in a parking lot around the area, I know SUNY has two different ones. One already has been down.

97vr4, if you ever want to come out for a ride, we can chose a path that would lead us by the RSXTC’s house or some location where she can check it out, plus I’d be down for riding either way.

99% chance you will not be disappointed with the bike, so if I were you I’d go for the down payment, which you can always get back, as long as you watch the papers you sign. Plus the fact that they are in high demand will just mean you will get most of you money back when you do go to sell it, taking a very small hit on depreciation/usage.

Sure did! Starts June 1st. :banana

Oooo good point. Because, assuming all goes well with the Kawasaki, I would prefer to eventually get a Honda.

Glad to hear about the MSF!

The previous 250 model, which originated around the time of the first Ice Age, defied all marketing rules. 10 year old models, with high miles, in decent condition would still sell for over 50% of their original sticker price, while new bike models would lose the value of actually buying a new 250 off their value within the first few years.

Now that the new one is out, the old model is more or less adjusting to it’s fair market price, while the new one is in such high demand that it’s actually selling at a premium in a lot of locations, especially at the original time of release, sort of how the new game consoles when they come out sell for triple of the MSRP.

Odds are you will be unlikely to lose more then few hundred dollars of the MSRP after the resale, or maybe even break even.

Buy, learn, sell, move on :thumb

Let me know when i’m up for it!

I realize that now that the new 08s are out older gen is gonna be shunned by most people, but if you’re just getting the first bike to learn on
and sell soon after, you’d save heaps by buying used.
Especially now that older ones are gonna depreciate even more, they can be had for probably close to a grand in decent shape.

that’s mostly because it was the only “sport” in it’s class available (still is besides the hyousung that most people seem to avoid) and they were sold dirt cheap to begin with.
bikes only depreciate up to a point, if it runs and is in good condition it’s always worth a grand or two.

Odds are you will be unlikely to lose more then few hundred dollars of the MSRP after the resale, or maybe even break even.

Buy, learn, sell, move on :thumb

provided she doesn’t drop it or crash it like I did :lol