no more high speed pursuits

yeah I completely understand that, I was under the impression that Onstar could already shut down a car when stolen… and I’m sure someone on the design commitee has already said “but what if this technology falls into the wrong hands”

Cell phones weren’t made to be able to track your location but they can. They also weren’t made for the fbi to be able to activate them to listen to your non telephone conversations so long as the phone is in the same room but they can.

Just because GM says it’s for consent of the owner in getting their vehicle back doesn’t negate how it could be used.

If our vehicles can be disabled remotely it isn’t a good thing.

I am suspicious of all things.

Remember the silly GM cars in 74 that had seat belts that had to be buckled to start? Reminds me of that. People start shopping for cars elsewhere, GM discontinues bad idea.

Is the GMs equipped with black boxes since the mid 90’s???

like the vette and fbodys ?

ALL the people who bought GM for ONstar are to blame. Hmmmmm Beta Testing for the goverment :stick:

OnStar Blows…

What?

I remember someone saying something acouple yrs ago that if you stop paying on your loan they will disable your car and come get it instead of a repo man coming and stealing it.

Bottom line out of all this is if you don’t break a shit-ton of laws, and become a target for the FBI to track your every move, or for them to decide we need to find this guy lets track his car and stop him, then what do you have to worry about?

Worst argument evAr.

Good reply.
It makes sense. It’s like saying it’s bullshit that cops can pull you over for speeding by using radar, because they are trying to take control of your lives by limiting the speed at which you can run your errands.

Idiot drivers make speeding look bad.