The Tuners`s View

I agree with everything that is stated in this letter to the star.
It’s the Tuner’s view on all of this modification/street racing BS with cops hassling everybody.

I also agree with this 100%.

Very well written article as well imo with facts backing up his statements.

Good point with strong support.

did the cops have a problem with our rents modifying thier muscle cars or whatever? i was jsut wondering, casue how is it different today? more of us?

The police try to stop everyone who has a modded car. they hastle you and pull you over. i know this ive had 1000`s of dollars in stupid tickets. saying my car was unsafe for the road yet my breaks and suspension was even better that cops cars and worth more. yet ive never had a speeding ticket or anything. The police should be more active in the scence i think to know whats going on . most car club are against street racing etc. but they thing we are all imature little racers. Its never gonna go away. like when i lived in florida the county asked for all car club owners and member to attend a metting in how street racing could be brought down alittle. most of us said open a track for us at least once a month were everyone can go and race safe. and they actually did. alot of police attended but did not bother us. yet here they make events and police are waiting to pull you over. they make great mioney off of us. to try and make us broke so we cant do up our cars.(like in a documentry i saw on tv) but we are like addicts i think no matter what they do, its not gonan stop us. so why not give us the chance to do what we want in a safe enviroment. simple leave us alone. most of us have jobs and have lifes. and dont bother anyone. we dont do drugs we dont rob banks etc we have fun fixing our cars. yet the police bother us more than anyone else. i dont get it but thats canada for you. florida and most of the states you can have a nice looking car fast whatever as long as you dont brake the law they dont bother you. thats how it should be.

if the police really wanted to stop racing they would do somthing about it instead of threatening us and stopping us for a loud muffler. why dont they stop harley davison bikes? or muscle cars?? why because most cops own them and tehya re 100 time louder than our cars. and not only kids race. ive seen old farts trying to race me several times in BMW etc.

unsafe roads? please most of us with cars actually know how our car drives and know them pretty well. u get these people comming into canada who cant drive worth shit. how many accidents are there? to how many accidents involve modded cars? who crashes more?? not us.because we actually pay attention to the road and take car of our cars lol… whats the % of moded to stock accidents? they should make it harder to get a licence in this province because msot people dont know how to drive and its a waist of time u wait so long yet they are so ignorant on the roads. take for example high way driving. people dont know the concept of fast slow and turning lane. people get on off of the ramp and try and get in far left lane come on keep going and eventually move in that way u dont slow everyone down. if ur not gonna go fast dont go in the fast lane or move over yet people dont.

its easier for them to blame us for there imcompetence that change the rules.
they will never stop guys/girls like us from doing what we love.

we dont smoke crack we dont do drugs, we dont go shooting people we dont jump people.we dont rob and we dont bother anyone and we sure the hell dont drink and drive!!. all we do is drive and enjoy our cars. whats so hard to understand. jsut because of a few kids we are labled. damn. oh well they make quota because of us. and we paying there pention lol. they should at least be abit thankfull…

well this is alot you guys get the point.

holy shit, that was one awesome article. i think we should send this guy an email applauding for a wonderful written article. it seems he loves cars, and he’s taken an initiative to prevent cops from storming in on people who have the slightest mods on their car.

we should do something to explode the popularity of this article, and then maybe people will finally understand.

Its Jim Kenzie, that guy has ruled auto-related journalism in Canada for 20 years…

He even rolled a mini-cooper (on a track, series 1 mini) (IIRC)

yeh this guys good.

yeah he’s good

too bad this article and his beliefs will go unanswered and dissapear into some library/internet archive.

bravo… it shuld be on the main page…

That was definatly a very well written article. That is exactly how it this situation sould be looked at. A group or council such as the OMVOC that Sideways and his buddies tried to start would definatly make an impression, if not on the government then at least on the public.

couldnt he have used a better example then blue windsheild washers at the track :lol:

It’s sad how this article was written on June 3, and was only discovered now…

Shows how much impact it had on the general public…

as good of an article as it is, it’s practically useless since nobody got to see it :frowning:

shit, and i emailed him applauding for his good work. now i feel dumb since he will be thinking, wtf? this was written almost 1/2 a year ago haha.

nah ive had that on my boards for a while… desided to put it here so people can read :slight_smile:

=D> =D> =D> Excellent write up!

That was awesome, I love Jim Kenzie. I used to read Wheels every saturday when I worked at Staples, and that guy wrote some really great articles. He’s also very much against Ontario’s cash grab speed traps amongst other things.

Kenzie is the man, I loved watching him on the Motoring Shows on TSN and Canada’s worst driver… Its nice to see someone like him stick up for people that have modifying there car as a hobby and not to go out and drive like asshats all the time.

what i like about kenzie is that hes straight up and he stands up for the little guy, love hes last words at the end of every motoring show

Very well written article. I really enjoyed his comparision with a short skirt and the porshe and the civic. Good writer, sent an email to thank him for his support.

yah hes really good at writing articles. props.