The Tuner's View

I agree with everything that is stated in this letter to the star.
It’s the Tuner’s view on all of this modification/street racing BS with cops hassling everybody.
http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/Con…st979101296646

Man oh man that guy is right on cue. Hater cops will jump on stuff like that any chance they have. I hate the stereotypes that follow tuners nowadays, now getting “better” with movies like F&F cramming ideas into teenagers/ricers.

its called iresponsability kids now think if cars in the movies can jump bridges so can theres. they think a muffler and an intake adds 1000hp its imagination and stupidity some kids have. and we get blamed for the same idiotic things they do. on part people with autority also tend to think stupid. like ive said 100 times. everyone blames us young people for things. now if an adult 30-50 years old crashes with one of us we musta been racing or drunk or we just iresponsable. its a way out for them to feel young and powerfull i say. they like to blame it on us younger people. jsut the way it is. like parents never wrong and we are always wrong. stupid society today. but what can you do. we are the next generation and things will change by the time we hit 35 -40 they will all be in homes so let them now. and come on F&F is fun to watch but we all know its digitally made nothings real. we obiously know what can be done and what not and especially not to do it on the streets.

anyways that article was good i liked it alot. props.

Do cops crack down on tuners a lot down south? I mean like, checkstops n shit to see if all of your mods are %100 legal, tickets galore etc . . .

Dont know depends the area really. when i lived in Florida i had my car fully done droped like crazy so many things done i had turbo BOV was loud as hell. cops never bugged me nor said anything. Its diff tehn in ontario cops are anal about it. We used to ahve track day at Nopi and sunshine speedway. tuns of cops but they just their to make sure no one did antyhing stupid while going to the track. But here??? they have a tarck day or a big show you have cops parked making road blocks causing more shit. stoping you hastling you etc. even have emitions trucks and towtruckes lined up on the road to stop you. its stupid. they think we will stop doing our cars up etc because they do that. How wrong … let people do what tehy enjoy. you never see cops stoping muscle cars or harly davidsons for being loud or fast. because they own them also. and thats from their era i guess… i got pulled over comming threw the border at niagra falls cop stoped me and said that my muffler was to loud. LOL its so wasent. he said to me hes gonna slap me with every ticket he can i said go for it ill just take you to court. saying my car was loud and my car was unsafe for the road… i smiled at him and said man you seen my car. my suspension is worth over 1500dls US and my brakes are over 3 grand hows my car unsafe for the road?? my cars got better handling than yours does etc. how unsafe is it he also asked me if i had turbo i said yeh he goes you race your car i said yah all the time … at the track. … no reasoning with them. tehy think we are all fast and the furious. i took him to court and i won… i took all my papers and recipts on my mods and took my mechanic with me. judge kinda gave him his 2 cents for waisting his time. i jsut smiled and winked at the cop and left.

Aww man that’s awesome lol. I’m gonna bring a mechanic in next time, I’ve been meaning to use those points (suspensions, brakes, tires) against the cops.

I’ve had my license for almost 5 years now, and i’ve owned my s14 for 2 years. Perfect driving record till i got the 240. Since i got it i’ve gotten around 13 tickets, my license suspended and my car towed 3 or 4 times. It was completely stock except for suspension. I fooled around on it a lot yeah, but they never caught me whenever I was playing. All the times they pulled me over was during my daily driving: to work, school, commuting etc.

The cop that kept pulling me over (he was municipal enforcement. i.e. wannabe rcmp). He owned an 88 mustang with supposedly 400hp. :rolleyes: and was new to the city so he was trying to prove himself. I went to court soooo many times to fight stupid shit.

I moved to Edmonton because there’s a lot less cops there, there’s a sanctioned track and events, and more places that can work on my car.

People sees what Hollywood does (portrays and glorifies RICE racing) and then they assume any crashed vehicle with an import in it was street racing. They see any mods and they think: Illegal. . .street racer. . .punk. . .

I wanna break this stereotype. I want cops to lay off. I would like the public to learn a little more of what goes on in a Tuner scene.

Anywho, that’s my rant of the week. More to come.

YEh point them out to the cops but dont give them attitude like i tend to lol. they dont like that at all. and if a officer askes you to open up your hood you have a right to ask for his damn whats it called safty inspections certificate they have to be certified or somthing to be able to check out your car if they dont have it you have the right not to show him your mods just what he can see. also to give you a valid loud muffler ticket they have to have a decible reader. and be above 85db (i think its 85). . Also i got US plates on my car now so they dont bother me anymore. got tired of getting pulled over and i had my ontario licence for 2 years and its been suspended 5 times. and the funny thing is ive never ever had not one speeding ticket. go figure . Cops tell me you know you have a modified blah blah im like yeh i know so they giev me a ticket and say your insurance is going to go up im like go for it i only pay 51 dls a month for my car insurance anyways lol. whats it gonna go up to 52? dl more? wow thats gonna hurt my pocket . i dont really care about them i dont speed and i dont bother anyone else. i think the best cops ar in durham they never bother me and most of them are young and dont bother you unless you do somthing stupid. Toronto they are all anal. :slight_smile: just drive safe thats all… dont drive iresponsably.

this is about crashes they blame it on us but do the math whats the % of crashes on modified cars to the % of stock car crashes?? how many modded cars do you see smashed on the street for passing a light etc? i havent seen one yet. they are all stock cars with reg people driving and not paying any attention to the road. we take care of our cars know our rides up and down and dont risk it. yet they say we cause the most accidents. funny…

They say our cars our crazy loud anyone ever have a harly davidson pass you?? sounds like a horny jet going mach 1… insane.

its about time someone is on our side!!!..lol…

Nav :cool:

Ceasium, I agree with you entirely untill you say that Durham cops are the best…Never had a single ticket untill they gave me one for 95 in an 80…lol
$53.00 and change:rolleyes: , what a joke.
Funny thing was that the side of the road had just had that black tar stuff sprayed on it… we pulled over, he opened his door, looked down then closed his door, backed up and pulled out onto the road and parked there so he didn’t have to walk in it…lol

Anyone here been to Wasaga Beach, during a long weekend…?
For Ex… May 24???
Town has a population of 17, 000 people, and during the long weekend their are more then 1500 officer’s on duty… More less because of most of the low life’s that come down or the “Thug whats”, drugs etc… BUT during a time period of 3-5 days over 1700 ticket’s where handed out… 400 of those where DUI’s, or Drunk in public tickets… Rest of them where all due to Tuned Car’s… We get a special visit from over 40 MTO’ emmision trucks ready to take your car right from you, on the Spot, no if’s / and’s / or but’s!!!

I think police offcier’s are just upset because what they make a year, is what we have dumped under the hood of are cars…
NOW,
Anyone want to come for a visit next may 24 weekend, Will supply the beer… (Not Kidding) Let me know… haha

yah i agree with ceasium. here in florida they dont bother you at all easy go easy come. cops are layed back just dont do anything uber stupid hahha. i used uber :slight_smile: but article has a point

well yes kids that go fast and the furious happy make cops hassel people like us for no reason like when a cop was following my boys civic for about 10mins then when we were about to go on the DVP he pulled us over for no reason… an other reason to which is very true is skin colour, that is a factor. some cops do take it for granted to be assholes but hey what can we do even though we speak out it still happens… dont you think?

ohhh god here we go with skin color lmao we live in canada there is no skin color… we all orange :slight_smile:

lmao i wish everyone thought like you… but serious though true or not true?

That article is bang-on. I like Jim Kenzie… he speaks da troof, lol!

lol blade nowadays no one but old farts care bout color we all the same. dont really matter anymore u think bout it u get mad… cops are pricks in general they just like to mess around withe veryone… you young you get picked on and targeted. dosent matter… as long as car people stick together nothing they can really do… :slight_smile:

i dont seem to care anymore. i let it slide but only when it happens more then once a day :{ lol…