No Optima?

Well my car cranks longer than it’s supposed to and while I was getting new tires (Michelin HydroEdge) balanced & aligned, my mechanic said something’s wrong with my battery (I bought this car in August and just got it insured yesterday).

My philosophy has always been, “If you’re gonna replace it, put better”. Thus I decided that I should get an Optima battery (since they’re more advanced than your everyday battery), but I checked their website and it said there was no match for the 240sx.

Is there anyway I can get it working on a 240? Is the site bullshiting? Should I go with a different brand?

This concerns me because I plan to learn to drive my 240 in winter (I learn best when under pressure) and I want something that’ll help my car withstand those extra cold days.

Thanks in advanced.

yea theyre generic standard size batt would work fine.

i have one in my car. it works great

let me know if you want one. i have them in stock

GT

get yellow-top, not red.

whats the difference between the two??

I though about getting one too . Mine will be relocated in the trunk so size is not the problem . so what 's the diference ?

I believe the yellow top is better for those who like big sound systems and off roading.

It’s pretty much the “Plus” version in a way.

group 75 batteries work fine.

look for a blazer 4.3L same battery

My battery is relocated too, so size isn’t a huge concern, and imo, anyone running a huge sound system should have a cap anyway. I’ve never had problems with my battery, just bought the largest one I could find at crappy tire.

u know what…

i bought alot of my gear from an IASCA judge, who also happens to be part owner of the canadian distributor for several high end audio brands (ARC, Treo, DLS etc…)

in conversation with him he advised me to get rid of my capacitor, and many of his colleagues did as well. they say that a good system with a capable battery and alternator should not need a cap and that the addition of a cap can actually hinder the system.

dont ask me why, this is a hotly debated topic in car audio.

either way,

my yellow top has never failed me.

my buddy had a red top and it went ghey on him several times. i dont sell them anymore so i forget the difference but yellow is bEtaR

yes a cap also lowers DB’s and sound quality

but it does make it so you can run more power then your car can handle

but i dont have my cap installed, but i do have a second battery in the trunk

greg…what is your price for the yellows compared to costco and sams club…?

i think im gonna get one come summer time

I might want one come summer as well.

ill get teh price by tonite

GT

i was just at costco earlier today…

the red top is 150someting
the yellow ? had no price and my mom didnt have the patience to wait while i asked somebody… :?