NO REVERSE

its ok… he works on dsm’s.

u have linkage, only honda that has cables are prelude/accord/rsx

lol my bad. i’m def. not a honda guy. i wasn’t sure if there were adjustments at the shifter as well as the linkage.

its all good thanks tho!

Anyone have a stock integra shift linkage that is not bent i can borrow to compare to mine to see if its bent???

I might, I’ll check when I get home. Would you need both the “change” rod AND the stabilizer rod? If so I would only have the change rod.

i do, let me know if you need it

i dont know…you think its possible for them both to bent?

where you located??

Nope, the stabilizer bar hugs the tranny tunnel pretty closely and is bolted/bushing’d at both ends…if you bent that, you just might be wrapped around a telephone pole.

Is it at all possible that the bitch-pin connection on the actual change rod is toast? Even though the pin is present, the hole in both the tranny input and the change rod ovalize over time…making for excessive slop in the linkage. It gets commonly misdiagnosed as bushing slop, but doesn’t go away with new poly bushings. No real way to know for sure unless you replace the change rod, and buy a new bitch pin.

could be…doubt it tho everything feels pretty tight. where you located?

I’m down in pittsburgh. The problem is it isn’t something you can readily feel. There is always a bit of play in that change rod, otherwise your shifter wouldn’t move in neutral. It’s pretty sublte. Use a punch and push out the bitch pin, then take a look at how eccentric the holes have become. I’d image that drag racing would accelerate the wear due to faster than normal shifting…

… I dont know, i shifted it and it sure feels like a fork or something in the trans. every other gear is smooth sailing.

crushing my hopes man :crying:

i mean, we can get under there with a sledge and MAKE It go into reverse if you want :angel:

lol, BFH = cure for everything

Il throw something else in the mix that probably wont work. I know on talons when you fill the tranny up via taking the reverse switch out on top of the tranny… if you forget the crush washer type deal (~1mm) on the switch then it sticks too far into the shift rods jamming you either out of 5th or reverse depending on which you go into first.

I hope you have good luck figuring it out and its not too serious baldy.

about 2 minutes away from monroeville

thanks man…like i said its not a huge deal…if its broke, it gives me more defense to talk my woman into letting me get new Mfactory gears :bigthumb:

nothing works better than the big pursuaider :blue: