NO TEXTING... DIE!

A 71-year-old retired police officer accused of shooting a man dead in a Florida movie theater told authorities that “he was in fear of being attacked” during Monday’s confrontation.

Curtis Reeves is charged with second-degree murder in the death of 43-year-old Chad Oulson. A judge ordered Reeves held without bond during a court hearing Tuesday afternoon.

this whole thing is pretty disgusting. retired police officer gets into arguement and then shoots dead a guy with his wife because he was texting in a movie theatre… dude was texting his kid.

Florida

/thread

Definitely not worth taking someone’s life over, but if you’re the kind of prick who will continue texting at a movie even after someone asks you to stop, then will throw popcorn in that person’s face after ridiculing them because they went to tell a manager maybe you should realize that not everyone in society is 100% stable and eventually you’re going to piss off the wrong person on the wrong day.

EDIT: And I guarantee we’ll see more cases like this as the society of “I’m special and the rules don’t apply to me” continues to drive people over the edge.

So many things about this story are just…

:fail:

Kind of would have thought that an ex cop would have had a bit more restraint in a situation like this. Seeing as most cops have tons a patience with dealing with assholes everyday…

Two things that I took away from the article: He was texting during the previews. There were 25 people there. The old guy could get up and get a manager, but he couldn’t choose a different seat?

Old guy is definitely taking the Zimmerman route. I don’t like this activity unfolding in front of me, let me contact higher authority, return to person of conflict, yeah I shot him dead but I am the real victim here.

Was texting during the previews…

Fucked up.

#floridaproblems

OMG YOU ARE FUCKING UP MY PREVIEWS DIIIIIEEEEEEEEEE

I’ve been tempted. Hence the reason I rarely go to theaters.

do they have the death penalty in Florida?

i hope they to a public hanging of this guy in his uniform.

First you would need a Florida jury to find him guilty.

My aunt lives very close and I’ve been to that movie theater. I’m interested to see how this plays out with 20+ witnesses.

While I don’t agree with the shooter’s actions, I feel his frustration. Politeness and consideration have been replaced with arrogance and idiocy and most people seem to have this “fuck you now what are you going to do about it” attitude. While the guy may have deserved getting his ass beat, you know the outcome is just going to be him lawyering up and suing numerous parties for everything from personal injury and emotional damage to negligence…and of course he’ll win. I haven’t been to a theater in years because there’s usually more than one person, talking, texting, farting, kicking chairs, etc. etc. etc.

Just yesterday and had a guy brake check me because I had to duck in behind him to catch an exit because he kept speed matching me and wouldn’t let me over. While I may not have wanted to shoot the fuck stick, you can bet I wanted to pull him out of his car and wax the road with his face.

Maybe if the guy texting had a gun, he would have been able to defend himself.

A good friend asked me why carry a gun in a theatre… “what if somebody in front of me decides to bother me with their texting during the flick”

… all kidding aside, this guy deserves to rot. Especially being retired LEO.

Yeah this is super f’ed it was during the previews! If it was during the movie at least id understand his motives.

you’re 100% right, i never thought of it that way.