UHP tasers speeding driver over ticket...

This is absolutely crazy. I know that they guy shouldnt have walked away from the officer, but to pull a taser out is crazy.

+1 to douche bag cops. (my uncle is a NYS trooper. I emailed this to him and he had the same response)

I can see the cop’s side of things. The cop was alone, the guy was disobeying direct orders and reaching into his pockets. :shrug:

Glad I’m not a cop.

LOL bro bro don’t tase me bro!

I got bored with it about 2 minutes after he was tased.

But fuck that guy. “I’m not signing this”. “You have to show me the sign that says 40 mph”. Then continue walking away from the cop when he’s demanding you to stop WHEN HE’S POINT THE TASER AT YOU. Maybe you think you’ve got big balls and some right to ignore a cops simple requests “because you pay their salary etc” but the moment that taser is pointed at you if your brain isn’t big enough to realize if you don’t do what he says you’re about to get zapped you deserve it.

The cop is alone, out in the middle of nowhere. The guy could just as easily be walking back to the truck to grab a gun, or take off in the truck. Maybe the woman is a kidnap victim. Who knows. All the cop knows is he has a guy putting up an awful big fight over a stupid little speeding ticket and that normally means something is wrong.

The cop doesn’t know why the guy is acting so sketchy, but he is, and that sets off alarms in any good cop.

How many of us have been pulled over? I know I have, many times. You take your ticket, maybe try making an excuse to see if the cop wants to let you off with a warning, and go on your way. If you’re 100% sure you’re in the right the place to fight it is in court, not on the side of the road with some cop who they stuck on traffic duty.

wtf is with all this taser bullshit in north america recently?

people are being unnecessarily tased all over the place.

maybe if you reduced the resources the police officer has to subdue people then the police would become better at SOLVING problems instead of risking severe personal harm to the subject who is quite obviously not always in the the wrong.

While I agree with you, how many time have you been pulled over for some BS reason? Most of us will get aggravated if we don’t think we did anything wrong. While I do disagree with how the driver acted, I dont believe that the cop should have tased him. I think pulling out the taser added more fuel to the fire. The driver didnt start walking back to the car until the officer pulled out the taser. I think they were both in the wrong but I think the cop jumped the gun and pulled the taser out to quickly.

Exactly. He should have used his mind instead of his weapon

+1

WTF is with people thinking they dont have to listen to police officers etc lately, or wanting to “test” them?

This had gone past the point of a traffic ticket when the guy continued to refuse to sign it. The reason the cop had the guy get out of the car was to place the driver under arrest. Obviously this is from one of those states where you have to sign the ticket.

Lets look at the escalation.

Officer is in a good mood, even says nicely “you were going a little fast”
Driver escalates by arguing.

Officer remains calm, simply asks for license.
Driver escalates by trying to make excuses so he doesn’t have to hand over license. A major red flag for a trained officer. Why don’t you want me to run your license? Warrants? APB?

Officer eventually gets the info, goes back, writes a simple speeding ticket.
Driver escalates by refusing to sign.

Officer asks the man to step out of the vehicle, come back to the squad car.
Driver realizes he’s being placed under arrest, escalates the situation by ignoring the officer.

Officer pulls his taser. Maybe this escalates it, but what is the cop supposed to do at this point? The cop has every right to place the driver under arrest and the driver is refusing to be cuffed. I suppose he could try wrestling him to the ground. Not a very big cop though, and he’s alone. Decent chance the guy ends up with the cop’s gun. Cop could pull his gun and hope that threat snaps the driver back to reality. Driver hasn’t been rational yet and if the driver continues his escalations the cop is really out of options since he can’t put his gun away and then pull the taser.
Driver ignores the taser, further escalating the situation, and gets tased.

Look at all the opportunities this driver had to stop this situation before the ultimate escalation resulted in him getting tased.

Oh well, I’m not a cop, and I’m not one of these retards who thinks the cop was in the wrong who will themselves probably end up getting tased (or maybe shot once the liberals abolish taser use) one day because they fail to see how the driver brought the tasing on himself.

Its funny because both parties (cop and civilian) try to reason it out with each other, but the cop uses a tazer to help win his case.

Yeah really, I guess he won that argument huh?

I think tazers are the best thing since sliced bread.
The risk of injury is pretty low but the effectiveness is very high.
Maybe people will stop being such hard asses if they know there will be video of them crying like a baby on the intraweb for the whole world to see.:biglaugh:

he has a right to know why he got pulled over. he kept asking the cop the reason and none was given. i certainly don’t condone the walking away but tryign to avoid a taser seems like it may be something you’d think about. Notice he doesn’t just turn and bolt or run, his head is looking over his shoulder and he is almost wincing. This is one of those rock and a hard place situations.

Oh come on… the risk is low?..

a guy got killed in BC last week from a taser.

http://www.canada.com/nationalpost/news/story.html?id=923dcd89-e33e-4635-88b2-239563c50890&k=87709

That is one kill for the taser in 2007 and Zero kills for marijauna… and i dont get down with mary jane either. Let’s outlaw one of them… ok, the one that hasnt killed anyone this year.

Teh guy didnt have to taser him. You let the guy run, you have all his info, you knock on his door with a warrant and 4 more officers… speeding, resisting, fleeing scene, etc. etc.

in other words… YOU CHARGE HIM FOR THE CRIMES HE ACTUALLY COMMITS RATHER THAN TASING HIM, WHICH OBVIOUSLY CAN KILL SOMEONE.

Why not just shoot him in the leg… that wont kill him either.

And since when are police officers the be all and the end all of the human race?

They are regular people like anyone else, yes they have the right to carry and use a weapon, but only if they do so responsibly.

There are a great many police officers who are not fit to be in the position of authority they are in. I know some personally. And apparently, this cop is as well if he is tasing people for IGNORING HIM?

yeah…uh…you don’t ignore an officer of the law.

Sorry those are the rules

Oh and you really dont ignore an officer when he pulls a taser on you and said don’t do that and continue to do it.

Wow, someone has a problem with authority figures.
Marijuana has never killed anyone?
I am sure someone has died from ice cream so lets out law ice cream too.

:tup: He had it coming. Big deal. :gotme:

Oh bing is just in favor of anything anti-establishment. Don’t mind him.

Maybe the cop pulled the trigger a little quickly, but if I were a cop and had some dude pissed at me disobeying my orders on the side of a highway, reaching into his pockets, and walking towards his truck, I’d tase him too.

all i know is, if i still lived up there, amherst would be tasering me daily

itchy tazer finger > itchy glock finger

yes pot kills, people get high and do stupid shit all the time

and how is letting someone run from the cops SAFER then just tazing their ass ? percentage wise, running from the cops kills more people then tazers

not being okay with a non-violent dude getting tased isn’t anti-establishment.

i didnt mention a chase.

if the guy is ignoring him and going to leave then let him leave. It’s not a violent confrontation so go get him later when you have a couple more bodies. That is of course if the issue is one of officer safety.

tasing violent people = cool

tasing non-violent people = not cool