noise from Sebring...

ok a friend of mine has a Sebring that is also making crazy noises. basically there is a squeaking / rubbing type sound coming from the front end when the wheel turns…but the car has to be moving. i checked the fluid, which was low…but adding fluid didnt do anything. what would be the first thing to check…some sort of ball joint or something in the front end?

…obviously i cant diagnose problems for shit, so any help would be appreciated…also in my ZR2 thread too

dude at my work said it could just be the cold, cause it just started this weekend…that a possibility?

NO: 02-02-99
SUBJECT: Front Coil Spring Creak/Pop, or Squeak
DATE: April 9, 1999
OVERVIEW:
This bulletin involves installing coil spring insulators to the upper coils of each front spring.

SYMPTOM/CONDITION:
Some vehicles may exhibit front suspension creaking, popping, or squeaking when driving over bumps or while turning. The noise may originate from the upper front spring area.

DIAGNOSIS:
Drive the vehicle over bumps and turns to verify the noise. Inspect the upper 2 coils of each front spring. If contact of the 2 upper springs is noted by rubbing, grazing, or paint peeling, perform the Repair Procedure.

NOTE: IT IS IMPORTANT TO IDENTIFY WHEN THE CUSTOMER HEARS THIS SOUND SO WHEN REPAIRS ARE MADE THEY CAN BE VERIFIED FOR EFFECTIVENESS.

PARTS REQUIRED:
Qty Part No. Description
2 MR272656 Insulator, Coil Spring

REPAIR PROCEDURE:
Following service manual procedures, remove the left and right strut assemblies from the vehicle.
Clean the top 3 or 4 coils of each spring with a suitable solvent and allow the solvent to dry.
Install 1 insulator p/n MR272656 starting at the 2nd coil from the top of the spring. Continue installing the insulator down toward the 3rd coil (Figure 1). Repeat the procedure for the other spring.
Reinstall the strut assemblies into the vehicle and make any necessary adjustments as listed in the applicable service manual.
Test drive the vehicle to verify the repair.
POLICY:
Reimbursable within the provisions of the warranty.

TIME ALLOWANCE:
Labor Op. No. Description Time
02-27-02-92 Both Sides 1.1 Hrs.

FAILURE CODE:
Code Description
P8 New Part

awesome…thanks dude. ill check it out for her…maybe thatll be it

It may be the balljoint. I had the same problem with my avenger and my moms sebring. If its a 95-00 theres a recall on the passenger side balljoint. Hope its gets fixed soon cause i had the luxury of mine falling off while i was driving.

ya hers is like a 99 or 2000 and it does seem to be on the passanger side…maybe its that then

I almost guarantee that the balljoint is the problem. You can take it to any dodge or chrysler dealer and have it fixed. :bigthumb:

awesome…hopefully thats it. thanks man

Yep.

so she called around to a few different dealers, they said there is no such recall on the Sebring :frowning:

what?? I’ll get the link for ya. I had it done on my avenger and my moms sebring and my friends sebring. 1 sec.lol

http://www.automallusa.net/1995/chrysler/sebring/recalls.html

hERE ya go

k printed it out for reference…we’ll see how it goes…thanks again

Hope its gets fixed soon cause i had the luxury of mine falling off while i was driving.

Yikes! I bet that wasn’t fun.

Lol nope. Especially being as low as i am and having a kit . I was pulling out of the car wash going about 5mph and all of a sudden “thump” and that was it. :spank: