NORTH HILLS AUTO MALL

So, yesterday I was on craigslist and stumbled across a 1980 CB650 for sale for $499. The post said it was in good condition, and to call for more details. I called yesterday to find that the bike is located at North Hills Auto Mall. They said that the bike ran with starting fluid, but then would die out, “bad gas” being the culprit. I wanted to go check it out, but I couldn’t make it before they closed. I decided I was going to go today, and called a friend of mine who is a motorcycle mechanic and asked him to come along with me. He said “Oh, its from a dealer? Why didn’t they just clean the carbs and put fresh gas in it and sell it for double the price? I wouldn’t buy a bike that needs such little work to be running from a dealer, it just doesn’t seem right.” And that made sense to me, so I proceeded to call NHAM back and ask them the question. This was the conversation from today verbatym -

Me- “Hello, Im calling about the cb650 you have for sale. Do you still have it and does it run and drive?”

NHAM- “We still have it, but it does not drive. Starts with starting fluid, but then dies out. It has bad gas, it was traded in that way and being sold that way.”

Me- “Oh, alright. Just out of curiosity, if you are a dealer, why haven’t you just cleaned that carbs yourself and put fresh gas in it and sell it for hundreds of dollars more?”

CLICK. He hung up.

So, I call back once more.

NHAM- “North hills auto”

Me- “Hi, I just spoke to you about the cb650. Did you just hang up on me?”

NHAM- “Yes, I did, because you were saying some retarded shit and I’m about to do it again right now.”

CLICK. Hung up again.

Now, it just baffles me that someone running a dealership would talk to a potential customer in that sort of manner and treat me in the way that he did. I asked him a simple question that could have had a number of acceptable answers. Even “I dont know” would have been better. But, to hang up on me twice and accuse me of saying “retarded shit” is just outrageous. Apparently this IS NOT the place you want to buy any vehicle. I can only imagine what he’d say to you to try and get you to finance through him

Edit: phone number is 412-396-6969 if any of you would like to “inquire” about this cb650 :wink:

And also, I am still on the market for CB series bikes, so PM me if you have one/know of any.

Potential scam maybe?