not sure whats wrong

so this is whats going on. i just put some heavy driving on my car from starting at a dead stop on a hill in the snow. My car is a 97 eclipse spyder. 4g64 2.4L engine, non turbo. I go in to eat at olive garden and car is fine. come out push the clutch in and it shutters, jolts and stalls. then i can’t get it into or out of gear. it gets into nuetral and i start it. its fine. i go to put it in reverse and again it shudders and stalls. it does this when i try to put it into any gear. engine sounds fine. nothing wrong. it actually sounds better than it has been. im not really sure what wrong at all. i just put a new clutch in a few months ago. i have only a cold air intake for mods. it feels just as it was then. the master clutch is fine. i checked that. all fluids are good. the only thing i can think of is maybe the slave cylinder broke. just give some help. thanks.

It sounds like one of your springs from your pressure plate broke and is ratlling/grinding around between your flywheel and plate. Or the pressure plate itself is warped. Either of those would cause erratic engagment issues with the car in gear and pedal depressed. What brand clutch did you use?

Maybe it just slipped out of adjustment.

If the slave cylinder broke, it would most likely be pissing fluid all over. (unless its like mine and breaks off the tranny :slight_smile: )
If its drivable, take to Hybrid and let the boys check it out.

If you didn’t loctite the bolts on the pressure plate or torque them down to proper spec they may have backed out. Basically it definitely seems like a clutch issue. Looks like your pulling the trans back out.

it was a spec stage 3 clutch. its not driveable.

hybrid said it is was a fork and ball out of adjustment. there fixin it. itll be done soon. at least hybrid was 96 miles from where i was in PA for a free tow from AAA.

AAA coming up clutch as usual :tup:

my MR2 is a frequent AAA customer :frowning: