NY about to pass strictest gun laws in nation

Senate hearing on “gun violence” is going on now.

Baurle(sp) is talking about yesterdays meeting right now. 107.7fm

At least Japanese gun control is cool. It includes sword control.

Licenses for possession of swords are issued for individual swords for specific applications such as hunting, eradication of noxious birds and animals, slaughter of animals, fishing or construction, cases where possession is unavoidable due to Japanese customs and practice, cases where possession is unavoidable for plays or other artistic performances, and cases where such items are used for display in museums. The reasons for disqualification of ownership are substantially the same as that of firearms. No license is given for concealed swords.
The registration of swords is available for swords which are valuable as works of art, however only Japanese swords have been examined.

Hunting with a sword? Fucking ninjas…

Pistol grip guys, I have a question.

Is that the main reason many of you go for a pistol grip long guns? I understand the value on a fully automatic gun, but I don’t see the advantage on semi or pump action.

I’ve just never found a pistol grip to be a comfortable shooting grip on anything other than a pistol. Other than cosmetics, I don’t get it.

I like it because I can apply a little forward pressure with my palm to lessen the recoil impact on my shoulder. Plus, I like the position it puts the lower hand in - gives the lower three fingers something to grab.

I guess it also “increases maneuverability” for HD applications… but that’s probably just bull spit.

I want a slide fire stock. That is all.

What is the value on a fully automatic gun?!

Its super comfy and easier to shoot?! durrr

Down to 1 ar to sell :slight_smile: then nothing but a bolt action in my future.

Super comfy/easy to shoot is subjective. Like I said, I don’t find it a comfortable shooting position… that’s why I asked.

It provides better recoil recovery on fully auto or burst since the barrel is typically in line with the stock on those types of guns. That’s less of an issue in semi auto, and not an issue at all in pump applications, herp durrr.

Wasn’t aware that the barrel wasn’t inline with a pistol grip on a shot gun. Does the recoil change when switching between full auto/ burst to semi and pump?

Well there is MORE recoil in a pump, bolt or lever action gun then the same caliber in semi, burst or full auto (all the same internally). So you need MORE help in recoil recovery for a gun that is pump, bolt or lever. A gas operated semi auto (same as burst or full auto) generally has much less kick due to the fact that the energy is used in cycling the weapon.

You must be a really good shooter if recoil recovery isn’t an issue at all when you’re shooting a 12 gauge. :confused:

People have pistol grips because they are comfortable for them. If you don’t like it, don’t put one on.

You can have a nice AR like this so it is more comfortable to shoot for you.
http://www.exilemachine.net/shop/images/exm1/IMG_3890_1K.JPG

Lollll

I have 4 guns. All strictly for home defense. Yeah.

Yes, there’s more kick/recoil, but you’re not firing at the same rate, so there’s more time to recover between shots, so it doesn’t seem to me to require the increased leverage.

Like I said, not comfortable for me, so I was curious why other people were using them. Of my friends that are gun owners and that I’ve gone shooting with, only one has a pistol grip on one of his long guns. He bought it because he thought it looked cool, but he doesn’t really find it comfortable to shoot with either. I don’t shoot much, but his post seemed like a good chance to ask some other people, and from his post it seemed like for him it was a choice of form over function(at least from my perspective).

It wasn’t intended as some kind of an insult or criticism, I’m just looking for some clarification on why you guys like them. “It’s more comfortable for me” is fine. “I think it looks bad ass” works too. Just interested in some other perspectives on it.

As someone who has done a little bit of shooting in his lifetime, a pistol grip and even a thumb hole stock are far more functional over a rifle stock in most types of shooting.

I’m going to guess that he or someone had added the pistol grip on the gun. There are lots of companies that sell shitty products. Some pistol grip stocks aren’t ergonomically designed, so maybe that one was just a bad design?

Most pistol grip, thumb hole, Monte Carlo style stocks are much preferred over straight.

+1 most guys including myself prefer them.

I think I’m having a vocabulary issue here. I perfer the type of stocks you posted. When I said pistol grip, I was referring to the style geoff added to his gun, in the post I quoted.

My friend has a Remington 870 tactical.
http://i.imgur.com/0t1i5oL.jpg

Edit: I guess i figured there was a difference between a pistol grip and a pistol grip stock.

Got yah

The top one I posted is generally considered a Monte Carlo, followed by Thumb Hole. The pistol grip stock above is probably very comfortable to most people as ergonomically it should be very similar to the MC and TH. There are poor designs that have horrible pistol grip placement that make the gun worse to shoot.

ok, now I assume you get where I’m coming from at least.

Not sure if anyone saw this or if it’s a re post but a friend of mine sent me the info. Perfect example of this law working backwards. Wonder if the search was legal? Cuomo = retard.

^Think that’s fucked? How about a national place force?