nys inspection

i just baught a car with a good inspection. do i have to get it inspected again when i put it on the road tommorow

no

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

can you just give me the sticker and get another one?
ill give you money for the inspection

mine just wont pass the test::slight_smile:

you do know if you get pulled over and a cop read your plate with a plate reader, and it comes back not inspected, it will be forwared through dmv the numbers on the sticker.

When a cop pulled me over last week, that was the exact words. And then it goes more than just a no inspection ticket

really? i did not know that. does every cop use plate readers now?
my car will never pass inspection either way :crackup

Rotterdam/Schenectady has them along with alot of troopers and Clifton park area (Sherrifs)

pretty soon all cops will be equipped with the barcode scanners for the inspection/registration verification. luckily both of my cars pass with out an issue. ;D

oh wow. they just want me off the streets :idiots

obd 1 or 2

OBD 2 FTL

:banana

thats why i wont buy a newer car

my cars are obd2 and they both pass… one is not really close to stock either, big turbo, built motor, fuel system, cat or no cat, never a CEL to worry about.

hmm…i have a catless 3" exhaust and EGR blocked off and rear o2 delete.

what are my chances :headbang

do you have a CEL? if so. FAIL. if not, can you set readiness? if you cant, fail.

also, catless, unless you know someone, you will fail the visual portion. but with the above mentioned, if you have a CEL or fail to set readiness, you wont pass

yeah its the CELs its throwing only one for the EGR

well then, might want to reinstall the EGR. if your EGR valve has an electrical connection, you might be able to put an resistor in line with it to close the circuit. but youd have to find out the ohm rating and output required.

Just bought a new car (well old but new or me) and it had new inspection on it from June of 2008. Went down to toyota dealership to get inspection done, guy after looking at my car comes back and tells me that the car had inspection done in June so I told him that I am a new owner and I need new inspection he said that I don’t need to inspect it again. Same evening I went on NYSDMV.com and there it says when title/registration of a vehicle is transfered the NY inspection does not so the new owner needs to get NY inspection. So I’ll be going back to get it done. Its a good thing I didn’t do it that day because it had a broken coil spring and I fixed it yesterday. :slight_smile:

I’ve never heard of anyone getting penelized for no getting a “New” inspection…