NYS law confirmation v. no doors

I want to know if anyone can confirm this for me. In NYS it is not required to have doors on a vehicle while operating it on the road correct?

I mean jeeps dont have doors, but I’m not sure how legal it is, tho I took my civic with no door to get a coffee to warm up hahaha. (it was so cold and so late when I got home with my new door from beasts)

wait. is my civic multi colored?

yesall the differenmt donor cars were all red, so it will be multi colored until i do the body work and respray it after winter

what have you changed so far? pm if you dont want to take over this thread

op, sorry to thread jack. im sure if you had your seat belt on a cop wouldnt have much to give you a ticket for. i see jeeps with no doors all the time and ppl have their feet all hanging off and everything

I think as long as you have mirrors on it it’s alright.

i think you just need mirrors on the doors. im not entirely sure on that. wish i had my Criminal Justice books lol. try googleing it to be sure.

ive been pulled over in my jeep for something stupid when my doors were off and they didn’t mention anything about it.

UPS trucks drive around with no doors

You see people driving around with their feet hanging out of the car all the time?

You are correct.

Well someone look that law up because passenger side mirrors are not required

you just need one drivers side mirror. in the summer i never have my doors on.

when it is a jeep with no doors on it. I have seen people resting their feet on the nerf bar

interesting question… I would think it’s illegal since you’re also removing crash bars… but I doubt it’s ever enforced.

Only if there’s an interior mirrior

I have a 08-09 V&T Law book but i dont feel like going through all that at the moment

The back window needs to be a.) present and b.) unobstructed.

ie if you have a decal on the back window and no passenger mirror; ticket.

if you have no passenger mirror and a van with no back window; ticket.

and yeah no doors required :smiley: weight reductiiiooon

Ok i looked it up
V&T law section 375 (equipment section) has no mention of doors or requirements for doors. You are however required to have drivers mirrior, seat belt etc…so if those mount to the door it would be illegal.
You can call DMV’s office of technical services (they make/interpert rules regarding vehicles, inspections, registration, custom cars, etc…) at 518-474-5282

my theory was based on the removing of safety equipment that came with the car. but I guess removing a door is different from removing an airbag.

damn that would be nearly 300lbs on my SHO. awesome it will be well under 2 tons now…