Is it legal to drive without seats?

As I was cleaning out my car recently I pulled both the seats. I then got to thinking, hey I could drive without the seats considering I’ve got a 2 seater and the back of the car comes right up behind the seat. So I drove around for that like a bit, it was entertaining to sit THAT low in the car. I asked my friend who rides along with the state troopers and does a lot of law enforcement related stuff, but I stumped him. Sure there’s no seats, but I mean the seatbelts still work and everythin, haha.

Could be fun… Until you get rear ended and become permanent friends with the roll bar.

Legal? Not sure…

I highly doubt its legal

absolutely not legal

+1.

facepalm.gif/idiots.com

these threads get dumber everyday, if its illegal to drive without a seatbelt dont you think it would be iullegal to drive without the entire seat?

agreed, if you have to think twice about this then you are probably legally retarded

I believe as long as you have some sort of container to sit on, even a milk crate, it’s legal. The laws get very interesting in technicalities.

Straight from the horses mouth on the required equipment on the car, seats is not listed as one.

http://www.nysdmv.com/forms/mv529.pdf

steering wheel isn’t listed so I guess we don’t need that either

LOL ^^

You NEED a god damn seat…

You need a seat but the seatbelt actually depends on the year of the car. Some older cars, much older cars, did not come from the factory with seatbelts and therefore are not subject to the seatbelt laws.

too bad this isnt a “do i need a seatbelt to drive my car?” thread, if it were your post would be relevant

Elliot didnt seem to need one.

checked at work today. You don’t need a seat to pass NYS inspection :rofl
then again you’ll pass without a muffler even if it’s loud as shit. You’ll also pass with only one plate light. Both of which you can get pulled over for :wtf

Talked to an Albany Sheriff today - as long as it’s something secured, anything can be considered a seat.

Keyword being “secured”

vise grips work