NYS Trooper Down

The law comment was more of a joke to poke at law maker’s agenda. They’ll never pass a law like that because it limits their own people’s power. Let’s not go to far off topic.

Are you auditioning for MOD privileges? :haha

:lol no I got my own forum to moderate :lol

I just dont want to be the one starting shit and people getting banned :tongue

RIP:(

Sad to see someone that did their time in the sandbox fall in their own country. RIP man.

And on the 100mph rule… uhhh NO. 1st off those cruisers barely do over 100 anyways, and if he hit that pole at 60-70 it would have had similar impacts. Taking a telephone pole to the door at any speed over 40 isnt going to end well…

Word is that he brushed another car while passing and he basically pit’d himself. Super unfortunate, and sad to hear.

didnt i say this? this is what i suspected

I didnt see your statement sir, dont make me beat you with a 110DB!!! :ahh

This may have nothing to do with felons since the cop wasn’t in pursuit of a car, etc.

He was a SECONDARY responder to a scene of SOME crime (we’re not even sure what he was responding to at the moment). I’d understand a little more if he was the primary car en route or the primary car on some chase.

Yes, if you are in pursuit of a bank robber who just murdered a bank clerk and is racing away at a high speed, you should pursue the best you can and try to get him to stop (either by force or via road blocks, etc.). We all know cops aren’t allowed to pit cars at certain speeds or in certain areas (like residential). They have protocol for that. We have investigation divisions in our PD’s for a reason. You won’t catch everyone. Better to let one get away and get him later, than to have a high speed chase in which the general public/pedestrians can possibly be in danger because a speeder and 10 cruise cars are all doing 70+. What if the person he hit also died?

But when speeding on a road like that, in a seemingly reckless way (and according to reports - with no lights and passing a car that probably wasn’t aware of your presence)…this is what can happen when you do. I’m sure many troopers will use more caution now when they are on country/hilly roads like that.

Sucks that he lost his life and I wish his family strength. But he should have taken more caution on what he was doing if the details that were released are actually factual. It sounds like he was just going WAY too fast for that road, something caused him to graze that car, and that caused him to wipe out. Now a family is without a son, a father, and a country is without a trooper/soldier.

Go ahead, bash me all you want for my opinion on the matter. But that’s my opinion and I think cops need to use better judgment than they sometimes do.

Do you know what the apprehension/arrest rate is for a criminal that was let go is? Lets just say its not good.

Also, didnt you get a ticket for doing like 130 in a workzone or something??

Yeah when I was 16. Would I do it again? Fuck no. It’s stupid.

The more posts I read that you’ve written, the more I dislike you. just saying…

That’s your choice.

The man lost his life because he was most likely going too fast when he shouldn’t have been. That’s all I’m saying.

I’ll make sure the police go extra slow when you need help then.

Word ^

lol. I didn’t say he shouldn’t have been speeding and should have been going to the scene of whatever crime following the speed limit. I was getting at the fact that he was PROBABLY (no details released so no one can say for certain) going too fast on that particular stretch of road. It’s hard to believe a driver who is trained to drive like that, would just randomly not be able to handle the speed and wipe out into another car. That road looks somewhat bouncy (has a dip or two), perhaps the speed he was going at + the road caused the accident?

Regardless. RIP and I’ll be praying for strength for his family and colleagues. You guys can hate me for my opinions all you want, I don’t give a shit (in case you haven’t noticed already). Have a great day.

Is there a button to ignore/not see certain members posts permanently?

LOL.

Yep. Feel free to ignore me.

User CP > Edit Ignore List on Left.

You’ll still see that I posted, it’ll just look like this:

Another trooper who graduated with my sister was in a similar accident about two years ago and is now parylized from the neck down, Very sad to see esp only bc they were trying to help someone else.

Yeah it’s definitely unfortunate. The guy over the cubicle wall from me is a former officer. That’s one of the reasons he got out. The stress and danger of the job became too much.