NYSpeed BBQ this summer at Letchworth?

Memorial people tend to spend time with family due to the long weekend.

It doesnt really matter when it is to me (day wise), though whenever it is I prefer late afternoon like last year as I’ll likely be at a track day till 4pmish.

[quote=“91MR2,post:52,topic:24478"”]

Ok, many great ideas, but how about a CONCRETE plan?

I say the Chestnut Ridge Meet, first w/e (Sunday) of May, and then the Letchworth Meet the first w/e (Sunday) of August (just in case anyone from the younger crowd is still in college, it’s a time frame in which everyone should still be in town).

Cool?

[/quote]

ok people, keep posting which dates you’d prefer…i’ll make a poll this weekend and we’ll vote on it, sound cool? chestnut ridge (early) and letchworth (late) sounds like a plan tho at this point, as far as locations are concerned :tup:

Sundays are better for me because i always work on saturdays. other than that it doesnt matter.

[quote=“RedConquestTSi,post:40,topic:24478"”]

I like this idea. It’s about time we do something GOOD for the community. Would make us look good for once…

I’m all about giving to the community, and those who are in need.

How about you?

[/quote]

As much as you would like to do it there, it would be improper. That benefit is for Butch’s daughter and should remain separate.

It would be a better idea if we all showed up to support Butch en mass at the benefit, and keep the BBQ separate so as to not convolute (is that a word?) the benefit for Butch’s daughter.

[quote=“psphinx81,post:46,topic:24478"”]

that como back road cruise was the best of the year IMO

[/quote]

+1

i think i’m looking forward to will and newman leading us through some backroads again this year more than anything else…that was a hell of a time…

[quote=“Adictd2b00st,post:62,topic:24478"”]

ok people, keep posting which dates you’d prefer…i’ll make a poll this weekend and we’ll vote on it, sound cool? chestnut ridge (early) and letchworth (late) sounds like a plan tho at this point, as far as locations are concerned :tup:

[/quote]

Sounds good to me. Whoever mentioned Sunday, May 20th, I think that’s a good date. For anyone that misses Carlisle and WW, this would fill a nice void for them. A lot going on in May…good deal. And Chestnut is a good location for that.

Anytime in August is cool for the Letchworth meet…

Make a poll Jay :tup:.

this needs to be a REAL BBQ…smoker and big grill…lots of bbq, ribs, steaks, pulled pork, wings that have been smoked then grilled. chicken…smoke it all and grill it slap some bbq all over.

thats a real bbq not these fucking hamburgers and hotdogs

also your welcome to everyone who had a hot dog lol i was drunk and someone tricked me into standing at the grill cooking HOTTTTTTT DOOOOGGGGSSSS WHOOOOOOAAAAAA. i am the best hotdog cook

for the people that know me BEER DOGS !!!

[quote=“layzie,post:67,topic:24478"”]

this needs to be a REAL BBQ…smoker and big grill…lots of bbq, ribs, steaks, pulled pork, wings that have been smoked then grilled. chicken…smoke it all and grill it slap some bbq all over.

thats a real bbq not these fucking hamburgers and hotdogs

[/quote]

Word, kinda like the picnic in Menace to society movie. We can all get some 40’s and play volley ball and shit.

or like Aint nuttin like a G thang video.

thats a bbq right there my friend. ill be the cook with the glock on me

you can roll in on 3 wheels

[quote=“layzie,post:69,topic:24478"”]

thats a bbq right there my friend. ill be the cook with the glock on me

you can roll in on 3 wheels

[/quote]

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://sjl-static11.sjl.youtube.com/vi/JbdykG2Qz_U/2.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DJbdykG2Qz_U&h=97&w=130&sz=4&hl=en&start=5&tbnid=vYIeLNauV40hjM:&tbnh=68&tbnw=91&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dnothing%2Bbut%2Ba%2Bg%2Bthang%2Bvideo%26svnum%3D10%26hl%3Den%26safe%3Doff%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26hs%3D8XV%26sa%3DN

I’d be in. If you were lookin to do something for the community you could do something simple like have everyone bring a few cans or ?? of food to donate to the food bank or something. then someone bring it to the food bank and donate it in the name of NYSpeed. just a thought

If this happens, I agree with the post about real bbq. Last year i made 1 pan of pulled pork, about 12 Lbs. It was gone in under 10 minutes. I think that bbq is a big thing right now, and i wouldn’t mind firing up my smoker and smoking out a TON more pork shoulder and some ribs and chicken. I still have forks and some other things left from last year so i wont have to worry about too much in out of pocket expenses which means that if everyone ever agrees on a location, I can give you a menu that i gurarantee will have no objection. Oh and fuck the me at a grill looking for helpers to cook dogs (thanks layzie). Everything in chafing dishes all hot and ready to go!!!

<— pro hotdog griller

I’m in for cooking and helping out. It’s been too long since I’ve done massive foodservice stuff. The rush is kinda fun.

i love the 2 meet idea. it should become the annual nyspeed open / closing of the car season.

[quote=“layzie,post:73,topic:24478"”]

<— pro hotdog griller

[/quote]

sure why not?

[quote=“tpgsr,post:72,topic:24478"”]

If this happens, I agree with the post about real bbq. Last year i made 1 pan of pulled pork, about 12 Lbs. It was gone in under 10 minutes. I think that bbq is a big thing right now, and i wouldn’t mind firing up my smoker and smoking out a TON more pork shoulder and some ribs and chicken. I still have forks and some other things left from last year so i wont have to worry about too much in out of pocket expenses which means that if everyone ever agrees on a location, I can give you a menu that i gurarantee will have no objection. Oh and fuck the me at a grill looking for helpers to cook dogs (thanks layzie). Everything in chafing dishes all hot and ready to go!!!

[/quote]

Yeah you looked insanely busy at letchworth, you should deligate some things to make it easier on yourself. I would have no problem grilling/helping you setup. Apparently layzie want to grill hot dogs so we can leave that to him.

I havent heard much opposition to May 20th so I think that would be a weekend people dont have any plans. Memorial day weekend people usually go away or have other bbqs to attend.

<-- pro fire starter haha

May could be a problem with weather, and peoples cars not being finished. I know my car probally wont be done. I still will attend however. Maybe it should be in JUNE, around the second week or so.

May will no doubt be somewhat chilly, but should be fine for a bbq. We go to carlise the first week in may and never have any problems really.