nyspeed help me decide!

don’t listen to mike, my shit sucks

[quote=“Carnut,post:39,topic:27573"”]

Unless you plan on making a ton of power and taking use of all of its functions I would not buy the AEM EMS. For your setup there really is no need. It would be nice to use it for speed density and Boost Compensation tuning but other than that you need to start from scratch and alot of the time it will take some tweeking to get it right where it needs to be.

If you can still manage to run a flashed program where the stock ECU will retain control over things like idle control, cold start driveability, part throttle fueling, etc I would do that as the stock ecu has had thousands of hours of setup for a calibration that will start in 0 degree weather and run decent in 100 plus weather. I have seen the amount of work that goes into calibration files first hand at Delphi. It’s amazing. To perfectly tune a standalone so that it runs like a stock car under any condition it you would probably be looking at about 20 hours of load based dyno time. This is from the mouth of the AEM EMS instructor when I took my certification course in Los Angelos.

Personally I do not think the AEM is necessary for you and besides getting inspected is a bitch because you cannot communicate with the stock computer because it is no longer there.

I love the AEM EMS and all of its features but it is for a race car. Not a street car.

If you can utilize a program that will build upon the stock ecu much like uberdata, hondata, some of the EVO free ware flash programming software, etc you would be much better off. Again if it will work with your setup. I don’t know but I would assume your not running 1000 cc injectors or dual rails etc.

My .02 cents :slight_smile: good luck. I think the car could be much faster with the money spent elsewhere in the car.

[/quote]

excellent points don. trust me ive done all the research and all, i know what i would be getting myself into if i go in that direction. but im not going with the EMS, i will just go with the wheels as of now. when i upgrade the turbo the stock ECU will be just perfect for what i plan on doing. so im not really worried about EMS at this point after talking to mike today. He really let me know everything of everything i needed to know and with what i want to do, he wont have trouble with the stock ECU

goh :slight_smile:

[quote=“87FOXGT,post:40,topic:27573"”]

get the wheels, then drive it off a dock into the ocean, then quit being a pussy and get a real car like your brother has http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v181/87FOXGT/thankya.gif

[/quote]

rofl mike, u need to cross over to the import side! he hates my car so much :eyebrow:

[quote=“psphinx81,post:42,topic:27573"”]

excellent points don. trust me ive done all the research and all, i know what i would be getting myself into if i go in that direction. but im not going with the EMS, i will just go with the wheels as of now. when i upgrade the turbo the stock ECU will be just perfect for what i plan on doing. so im not really worried about EMS at this point after talking to mike today. He really let me know everything of everything i needed to know and with what i want to do, he wont have trouble with the stock ECU

[/quote]

:tup: Good luck with the car sounds like it will be a fun ride.

[quote=“bladez,post:41,topic:27573"”]

don’t listen to mike, my shit sucks

[/quote]

Um according to Kenne Bell, it blows :stuck_out_tongue:

but anyway, i’d do the wheels first. have some fun with the setup for this year…then do whatever later :slight_smile:

[quote=“Carnut,post:46,topic:27573"”]

Um according to Kenne Bell, it blows :stuck_out_tongue:

[/quote]

lol <3 you don

[quote=“bladez,post:47,topic:27573"”]

but anyway, i’d do the wheels first. have some fun with the setup for this year…then do whatever later :slight_smile:

lol <3 you don

[/quote]

Haha, sounds like the brother just wants to be faster :snky:

basically… your going to eventually get sick of the cobra blowing your doors off… so you might as well start investing in go fast parts now… <3 ken

lol im sure if we ran from a dig in the quarter it would be pretty close. i wont have a traction problem, but for ken he will be spinning for like 1/2 down the track. but damn once he hooks he’ll probably reel me in like crazy. when we go to NYI this year im sure we’ll find out

WHY PUT SHITTY WHEELS ON A NICE CAR.

ROTAS SUCK.

[quote=“psphinx81,post:50,topic:27573"”]

lol im sure if we ran from a dig in the quarter it would be pretty close. i wont have a traction problem, but for ken he will be spinning for like 1/2 down the track. but damn once he hooks he’ll probably reel me in like crazy. when we go to NYI this year im sure we’ll find out

[/quote]

thats why i won’t be making passes on my 18" dr’s this year! I have no traction 1st through 3rd, even with my 315’s :(. i’ll be bringing out the slicks :headbang:for NYI

[quote=“bladez,post:52,topic:27573"”]

thats why i won’t be making passes on my 18" dr’s this year! I have no traction 1st through 3rd, even with my 315’s :(. i’ll be bringing out the slicks :headbang:for NYI

[/quote]

fuck nevermind :frowning:

Car paid off? (I voted AEM) I’d be happy where you currently are and start putting more money to the balance on the car if its not paid off though.

car isnt paid off yet, close… but not yet. as i said before im going with the wheels. i havent even sprayed the car yet with my newest setup. still waiting to finish fine tuning my current tune.

[quote=“newman,post:51,topic:27573"”]

WHY PUT SHITTY WHEELS ON A NICE CAR.

ROTAS SUCK.

[/quote]

stop talking. we get it you dont like rotas. sorry newman some people cant afford 2g on wheels.

i like the wheels. why drive on super expensive wheels for a daily driver on NY streets.

replacing a cracked rota > replacing a real expensive wheel. not to mention there will be like no down time if something breaks instead of waiting for months to get a new wheel. HEY NEWMAN wheres your Works? lol

its gonna cost me pretty close to 2gs on the wheels… car isnt a DD

then put 2gs into wheels.

id rather get like a bigger turbo and shit then 2grand on wheels thats just me.