nyspeed help me decide!

:lol: of course everyone isnt going to like them

if you want to rape newman too go for it. its so fun.

well thats 3 diff evos that have it, im sure theres m ore…it looks good but get something diff

seems like you just made a pretty substantial jump forward, mods wise. I’d say drive it now and enjoy it with the cams, juice, IC, boost, and tune. Maybe look at bigger upgrades next season? It’s really up to you how far you want to take the banana boat for the time being :slight_smile:

And I’ve always had a soft spot for the P45R’s… I really wanted to snag Emery’s old set (black with the red lip). hawt.

AEM…deal with the wheels in lew of more power for now. although getting new wheels would help me differentiate between yours, badnews’s, and the new owner of sureshot!'s old evo

Those wheels would look so hot, but (going fast > looking good). Deal with the stockers and go AEM.

thats the thing, the car will scoot damn well as is sits right now… im really thinking i will end up going with the wheels at this point. only real way ill tell what my next step is when i go to the track and see what it does…

[quote=“Geoff,post:24,topic:27573"”]

seems like you just made a pretty substantial jump forward, mods wise. I’d say drive it now and enjoy it with the cams, juice, IC, boost, and tune. Maybe look at bigger upgrades next season? It’s really up to you how far you want to take the banana boat for the time being :slight_smile:

And I’ve always had a soft spot for the P45R’s… I really wanted to snag Emery’s old set (black with the red lip). hawt.

[/quote]

well its really the only option i have left at this point… i have every bolt on that i could do :lol: so its ready to rock for a new turbo. i DONT need AEM when i go 50 trim, but the extra power it would create would be nice. even on the stock turbo the AEM would be amazing

those wheels are gorgeous on the evo. get them and enjoy your cars power for now.

Those are some of my favorite Evo wheels. Those and Advans.

Get the wheels.Those rims look really nice

im getting the wheels… i will enjoy my new setup this year and see what it can do at the track. then over winter ill have another decision to make

AEM = no inspection doesn’t it?

go before show

[quote=“articzap,post:33,topic:27573"”]

[/quote]

?

[quote=“articzap,post:33,topic:27573"”]

[/quote]

well before inspection i would have to throw in my stock ECU with my current tune, go to the inspection place and get it taken care of, come home and swap the EMS back in

don’t be a fucking homo…

get both, stop pretending you’re not that much a baller…

[quote=“90NA300ZX,post:37,topic:27573"”]

don’t be a fucking homo…

get both, stop pretending you’re not that much a baller…

[/quote]

what do u know! :gotme:

[quote=“psphinx81"”]

ok either way i go its going to cost the same amount… either im gonna get wheels/tires or go total standalone on the evo with AEM EMS. wheels are rota p45r w/ azenis… i want to get new wheels for the evo cuz im totally sick of the stockers, but on the other hand i can go standalone and unleash a whole different side out of the evo…

[/quote]

Unless you plan on making a ton of power and taking use of all of its functions I would not buy the AEM EMS. For your setup there really is no need. It would be nice to use it for speed density and Boost Compensation tuning but other than that you need to start from scratch and alot of the time it will take some tweeking to get it right where it needs to be.

If you can still manage to run a flashed program where the stock ECU will retain control over things like idle control, cold start driveability, part throttle fueling, etc I would do that as the stock ecu has had thousands of hours of setup for a calibration that will start in 0 degree weather and run decent in 100 plus weather. I have seen the amount of work that goes into calibration files first hand at Delphi. It’s amazing. To perfectly tune a standalone so that it runs like a stock car under any condition it you would probably be looking at about 20 hours of load based dyno time. This is from the mouth of the AEM EMS instructor when I took my certification course in Los Angelos.

Personally I do not think the AEM is necessary for you and besides getting inspected is a bitch because you cannot communicate with the stock computer because it is no longer there.

I love the AEM EMS and all of its features but it is for a race car. Not a street car.

If you can utilize a program that will build upon the stock ecu much like uberdata, hondata, some of the EVO free ware flash programming software, etc you would be much better off. Again if it will work with your setup. I don’t know but I would assume your not running 1000 cc injectors or dual rails etc.

My .02 cents :slight_smile: good luck. I think the car could be much faster with the money spent elsewhere in the car. Not to mention there are a shit load of guys making over 500 hp on the EVO MAF and not using AEM.

AEM will require lots of $$$ in ancillary costs.

get the wheels, then drive it off a dock into the ocean, then quit being a pussy and get a real car like your brother has http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v181/87FOXGT/thankya.gif