NYSpeed / OSYN Track Days 2008 [Next Day: Sept 13th] *NEW: Track Timing System!*

are SUV’s still not allowed like the last one?

prepping the fit for some track fun.

also is it cool i show up around 2-3 after i get out of work at 1?

SUV’s are not allowed on track at all. Sorry!

Show up anytime though throughout the day.

thanks see you guys there then!!!

humm thinking about going to this…does anyone from the buffalo area want to meet up and drive out there together?

I don’t know why people are arguing here. If 3 n00bs forgot the rules back in May, that isn’t cause enough to change what we’ve been doing now for 3 years. But if someone else wants to be a 2nd flagger, I’m not going to stop you from helping :tup:

Besides, arguing online just makes everyone look like “stuck up, track asses” and drives away the new people! So just come out and have fun. Even if 50 cars show up, you’ll still get more track time than you or your car can handel.

Yeah man, you’re set for the whole year :tup:

im going to come bring the new sti up, my cousin with his evo is going to come too, idk if ill run the track yet. but id like to see all the cars

Oh, and there won’t be any run groups on Saturday either, regardless of how many cars we get. The only reason we did that in May was because there were so many new people - 75% of the drivers had never been out there. And even with 40+ cars in the past, after the first hour or so only 6-ish cars remain out there since some people get tired, cars get tired, etc. But if you’re new we’ll throw an instructor into your car with you for the first few laps out to give you a better idea of what’s going on. :tup:

just a suggestion, but I think the cars waiting to enter the track should be pushed back atleast 50 feet, I know I was kind of scared waiting to enter the track when a simple mistake would mean an evo, wrx or 300zx going through my passenger door

By the same token, they need to be able to get on quickly as possible to prevent any issues.

If someone is going to run into you after a 500+ foot straightaway, you’re not going to be safe 50 feet back. It would make things less safe for people getting on the track.

The pit exit is at the end of the main straightaway and before turn 1, so a ‘simple mistake’ would be if the driver did not brake in anticipation of turn 1, and turned left instead of right. Thats a very big mistake.

I have to stand out there without a car surrounding me and do it for hours on end…you should be fine sitting there for ~10-30 seconds while we fine a safe gap for you to go into…

Can we start a new thread for suggestions and criticizing? I don’t have anything to do with running the event, but I’m starting to get tired of seeing every Dunnville thread get cluttered with this crap. There could be 1,000,000 different ways to run a track day.

If we’re not going to start a new thread, then stop posting this BS and PM the guys that run it if you have a concern. /rant

I’ll be there Saturday.

+1

I apologize for any rants I might have caused.

For those new to all this, please don’t let these rumblings dissuade you from coming. Dunnville is probably one of the safest and best places to start track days. It is flat and the run off is nothing but grass.

I’ll be there Saturday as well.

Is that a Dunnville rule? super gay. I’m sure I could hold my own too.

Gonna try to make this one… cant beat the price. :tup:
Any plans for a cruise up from Buffalo?

I’m sure you could, but we can’t risk having high-center-of-gravity vehicles on track. You can come out and be a support truck if you want, so if someone goes off track or gets stones out there you can whip around a bit. But we can’t have you on track with everyone else.

:tup:

We’ll likley meet at the Walmart just over the border again. I’ll post a link in a bit to the directions, or if someone else wants to, be my guest. I’m sure people would want to meet up in the states too.

I’ll already be up in Canada, so I won’t be able to lead any cruises.

I vote for stairs leading this time…

lol I kiiddd I know where I am going this time.

Probably got lost somewhere in there, so anyone going from Rochester want to meet up? Maybe somewhere on the west side or Henrietta? I’ll be coming from Pittsford, so pretty much anywhere can be on the way.