NYSpeed Time-Attack @ Dunnville

In my car I’m in 2nd 80% of the time and the rest in 3rd.

But we were also talking about taking out the chicane for this - what do you guys think? That front straight will get FAST.

i think we need to get the mirror eating cone of death in there again…as the chicane takes a little more skill to conquer…but i like fast straights too…hahahahaha

I actually like the chicane…but where it’s almost a straight shot, so there’s actually a manuvere that needs to be done

I liked it the first time when you had to be more technical…

Ok, so these are the dates we have - the 15th, 22nd and the 29th. I’m going to add a poll.

Completely getting rid of the chicane = higher chance of warped rotors for everybody, especially Joe :lol:

would i be allowed to go and ‘spectate’ again and take pictures and whatnot? i’d be driving myself up there this time and have no intentions of going in anyones car to film this time.

heading to the dealership tomorrow to try to get some new ones :slight_smile:

Def. gonna need new pads for this shit…the crappy feel from teh ultimates were costing me time…

there shouldn’t be a poll…it should be the 15th…the days get shorter and shorter

well u guys could always start earlier in the day. i would figure most people would be taking off work anyway, so y not just leave earlier and plan to hit the track around like 1 or 2 in the afternoon?

We can’t - the reason it’s so cheep is that we are doing week-day nights. It would cost more to do a day session.

because i think the track “rental” dosent start till 4pm.

which is probably when the track’s insurance policy is in effect.

but i know very little.

The more peeps for video/picture taking the better. IMO.

Only reason I dont want the earlist date is so that I can plan and get time off from work :tup:

I used ultimates at the start of the year and they were great… for one track day.

I need more people’s oppinions before we choose the date. I don’t have a problem with any of them, and the 15th works, but some people might not want to for whatever reason. But I agree, the sooner the better.

There was no feel…they stopped the car but felt like mush…everytime I hit them I couldn’t tell if I was going to slow down or fly off the track…made judging braking zones very hard

Ultimates are great on SMALL cars. Like I said at the track, I’d never run them on the evo. Get a set of pep boys special (ultimate cheapo pads) for the street and get yourself a dedicated set of track pads (I’d recommened Hawk HT10, Padgid Blue/Black.)

Yeah they worked great on the Integra…live and learn I suppose

I don’t think anyone makes cheap pads for my car…I wish I could find cheap rotors

I was thinking hawk blue for my car, but do think I should just go HT10 Mike?

Not if you’re going to run them on the street. You “could” use them on the street, but it wouldnt be very safe. Joe, I’d literally goto Autozone and ask what the cheapest pad they have for the Evo is, that’s what I do for the 993TT brakes on the 951.

I’d just be getting them for the track day and swapping out when I get there again.

What do they run for your car? Mine are $260 a pair for the fronts (13")

From what I recall, Blue’s are a slightly more aggressive compound, with shorter life than HT10’s (but I may have mixed those up). It also depends a lot on car weight and intended track use (Do you plan on doing something like Mid Ohio/Watkins Glen/Mosport or Dunnville/Cayuga) Both are a good choice, it really comes down to personal preferance once you have them spec’d out. I’d suggest starting with a lesser compound and moving up. The more agressive, the more heat they need, and at dunnville you arent heating them up THAT much.