NYSpeed Track Day #1 - Friday June 15th, 2007

my stupid question of the day: do they have air at the track? or do I need to inflate in town?

I’ll be bringing a pump and I’m sure a few other people will have pumps.

[quote=“theblue,post:381,topic:26320"”]

my stupid question of the day: do they have air at the track? or do I need to inflate in town?

[/quote]

I asked somedude the same question last night. I’m pretty sure they have air at the track. What kind of racetrack wouldn’t have an air compressor? heh…

[quote=“RedConquestTSi,post:383,topic:26320"”]

What kind of racetrack wouldn’t have an air compressor? heh…

[/quote]

Dunnville? :smiley:

I have a compressor.

I just talked to der Geist, and he said due to a family emergency it doesn’t look like he’s going to be able to make it.

have fun guys :slight_smile:

Because I’m apparently not going to accomplish anything on this 1/2 day of work…

http://users.adelphia.net/~jdsears/images/dunville_weather.jpg

Looks like perfect weather.

new ball joint, new wheel bearing, and oversized NX2000 pads that can only fit the thinner Sentra rotors…

maybe I will leave that last part out…

I’m coming up to watch my car get the snot beat out of it after work;) anyone else going up later to watch?

[quote=“GSTairs,post:389,topic:26320"”]

I’m coming up to watch my car get the snot beat out of it after work;) anyone else going up later to watch?

[/quote]

xander will definately put a hurtin on the poor little srt

[quote=“GSTairs,post:389,topic:26320"”]

[/quote]

You know that you can co-drive your car right? I’d better see you take a few laps.

i dono im sorta bored i may go watch

…haha especially since i just sold my spot for this

I’m leaving the house now. See everybody at Mighty!

[quote=“Thong,post:391,topic:26320"”]

You know that you can co-drive your car right? I’d better see you take a few laps.

[/quote]

I want to but I won’t get there until about 6-6:30 so I will miss all the rules, etc and I have never done a track day so I’d like to take rides in my car a few times and then maybe do the next track day.

[quote=“GSTairs,post:395,topic:26320"”]

I want to but I won’t get there until about 6-6:30 so I will miss all the rules, etc and I have never done a track day so I’d like to take rides in my car a few times and then maybe do the next track day.

[/quote]

At least get a couple of laps in Stairs. It is a lot more fun than autocross…

IF ANYONE IS STILL HOME RIGHT NOW AND READING THIS:

Could someone please bring some contact solution? My left contact is kind of fucked up and it might get worse up there. I’m stuck at work till 1:45 fixing this damn PC and I don’t have time to run home.

Thank you.

There’s these things called drugstores… and they sell contact solution… :stuck_out_tongue:

Besides, you can drive with one eye closed. Pirates do it all the time.

Got home around 9, took the front wheel off to see what the noise was, and as I suspected my stock pads are COMPLETELY gone. Rotors look fine though.

The GTO was a TON of fun out on the track. TON being the operative word there. The stock brakes were not up to the task of stopping 3750lbs from 100+ lap after lap. But, I figured that would be the case, and now I have a good baseline to see how brake upgrades do.

Thanks to the organizers. :tup:

[quote=“Rx3,post:398,topic:26320"”]

There’s these things called drugstores… and they sell contact solution… :stuck_out_tongue:

Besides, you can drive with one eye closed. Pirates do it all the time.

[/quote]

I drove most of the sessions with 1 eye closed. Seriously. Then I tossed my contacts and drove alot faster.