NYSpeed Track Day #1 - Friday June 15th, 2007

im down two rims after sliding on some gravel and into the grass… still have no idea what i hit that bent them…

I just got home now, after stopping at Mighty, then to Applebee’s with some 'speeders. Had a great time! My booger Neon said it had a good time too:lol:

2AM just getting home now… Got a little lost in Canada and had to wait 20 minutes for a large boat to cross the bridge. But as far as the track goes, I had a BLAST and very happy I went. I thought it would be hard to beat Watkins, but I found myself more comfortable with Dunnville seeing how there are no walls to hit. The course was a little too tight for my car but I was happy to get out there and have fun. Nice to meet some new nyspeeders and see some old ones… hope to see you again sometime.

mike

I had a BLAST!! that track is pretty sweet! It was great meeting everyone that i met, you guys were all great!! And for everyone that helped me out, i really apreciate it!! I learned more today about road racing than i ever have. Cant wait to see everyone again, it was great meeting a bunch of nice people. Thanks!

JOE (red Z06)

The day was a lot of fun and it looked as though everyone was getting progressively faster throughout the day. Thanks to Josh for organizing this.

For future reference, if one lift bridge is up because a ship is going through, there is usually another one within a mile, and that one will be down.

[quote=“EvoMR,post:405,topic:26320"”]

The day was a lot of fun and it looked as though everyone was getting progressively faster throughout the day. Thanks to Josh for organizing this.

[/quote]

Agreed, thanks Josh. This was my first track day as well, and I have to say, it was awesome. This was an entirely different experience than AutoX.

So far, I found a 1:14 with a pass, haven’t gone through watching any clean laps yet.

2 am?! How lost did you get?

[quote=“mav7,post:403,topic:26320"”]

2AM just getting home now… Got a little lost in Canada and had to wait 20 minutes for a large boat to cross the bridge. But as far as the track goes, I had a BLAST and very happy I went. I thought it would be hard to beat Watkins, but I found myself more comfortable with Dunnville seeing how there are no walls to hit. The course was a little too tight for my car but I was happy to get out there and have fun. Nice to meet some new nyspeeders and see some old ones… hope to see you again sometime.

mike

[/quote]

I was only able to meet 2 of my 3 goals…

-get oversized pads to work
-manage the tires
-only did 88 miles (wanted to see at least 100), would have done it if I didn’t forget to put my gas cap on one session.

I deffinately could have met that goal if this happened…

[quote=“Thong,post:240,topic:26320"”]

3:30 - Driver’s meeting at the roadcourse
4 - first group off

[/quote]

[quote=“Onyx Z32,post:242,topic:26320"”]

That’s about right.

[/quote]

…but the mojaority got enough time :stuck_out_tongue: Still too many sessions of 3 cars on the track. It’s almost like you could do an event for 36 and it STILL wouldn’t get crowded.

4-6pm : six 20 minutes sessions
7pm - end: open track

[quote=“Onyx Z32,post:305,topic:26320"”]

If you have an AMB transponder, then you can use their system.

[/quote]

Nope, they didn’t.

[quote=“EvoMR,post:405,topic:26320"”]

[/quote]

Completely agree ^ and thanks Sam for the tips and pointers :tup: much appreciated.

Jeller

was there any video footage?

My Neon burned thru an entire tank of gas, on the track. I’d say I did a lil over 50 laps. It was intense. I can’t believe I didn’t break my car from pushing it to the edge, for so long.

Good times! Thanks for Everyone that helped organize the event, and I’m in for the next one!

X…

[quote=“fairgentleman Z,post:409,topic:26320"”]

I was only able to meet 2 of my 3 goals…

-get oversized pads to work
-manage the tires
-only did 88 miles (wanted to see at least 100), would have done it if I didn’t forget to put my gas cap on one session.

[/quote]

Tires were ok then? We got it sorted out?

[quote=“sureshot!,post:411,topic:26320"”]

was there any video footage?

[/quote]

I’ve got 40 min of video but no mini USB cord :bloated:

[quote=“RedConquestTSi,post:412,topic:26320"”]

My Neon burned thru an entire tank of gas, on the track. I’d say I did a lil over 50 laps. It was intense. I can’t believe I didn’t break my car from pushing it to the edge, for so long.

[/quote]

honestly with a bigger radiator and a small oil cooler that car could run non stop till the end of time.

speaking of which, I have a stock SHO radiator I really think we could make it fit.

[quote=“somedude,post:416,topic:26320"”]

honestly with a bigger radiator and a small oil cooler that car could run non stop till the end of time.

speaking of which, I have a stock SHO radiator I really think we could make it fit.

[/quote]

LOL I guess that ACR definition really does mean something :wiggle:

I had a great time and really like this track a lot more than TMP. I’ll have to get back out there again.

[quote=“Thong,post:400,topic:26320"”]

I drove most of the sessions with 1 eye closed. Seriously. Then I tossed my contacts and drove alot faster.

[/quote]

Aw, you should have asked! I had some in my purse, and I didn’t check this before I left.

(I was the girl with Aaron in the white Evo)

[quote=“JayS,post:406,topic:26320"”]

For future reference, if one lift bridge is up because a ship is going through, there is usually another one within a mile, and that one will be down.

[/quote]

Thanks for the info. I did notice that that but I talked to some Canadian at the time and they said we’d probably miss it… plus there were a whole line of cars waiting and not just us. After seeing how large the ship was and how long the other bridge was down for, we could have made it. Oh well.

I have in-car video of the Supra and both Z06’s. Also took some video of other cars when I was not driving, I’ll see what I can do about posting it up. I thought the 2nd-half “open track” was awesome and at $50 per car, I would make the trip again.

I was much more comfortable in the Supra towards the end of the day but wasn’t able to push it since I had to run less timing (from not finding race gas) which made my EGTs get too hot for my liking after pushing it for 1/4 lap.

The C6 Z06 was 10 times better on the track and the powerband was much more favorable. I think I found my next car :wink: