NYSpeed Track Day #1 - Friday June 15th, 2007

Had a great time as usual, hopefully I can bring my own car next time so I can stop bumming rides off everyone. I’ll likely bring my grill and tent next time too.

Nice day…maybe next time I’ll use more than 3rd gear :lol: Exiting hairpins @ 700 RPM > blowing the tires off using 2nd

[quote=“Xander,post:334,topic:26320"”]

If you need proof of the neon being faster not just in a straight line, but also on the track, bring a stopwatch Friday, because I’m sure Old Supe Dawg will be bringing the S4. :wink:

x…

[/quote]

meh the neon could not catch the pig old s4 on the track:D

I drove the tires off the s4, literally

had a great time as well, i really need to get my track day fix more often. I have so much damn on lapping days, im hooked.

Also got a ride in mikes dads zo6, definately would like to thank him again for that. I would drop the supra for one for sure, but too bad theres like a 30K+ difference in the two.

had a great time. for those who saw me completely lose brakes ALL OF A SUDDEN (zero warning pedal/feel wise) at 12x MPH on the front straight:

It was defective HT10s that chunked off / disintegrated … meant I got home at 10:30cam… pulled over at the Dunnville municipal bldg, drove the Boxster to dinner, rode in my truck to b-lo, drove it to Roc to get the trailer, drove back to Dunnville, loaded it (w/o using brakes, heh, fun) and drove straight home… thanks Hawk for sucking at life.

omfg I am tired

I had a great time, definitely got faster and smoother throughout the day, and it was fun seeing what my car could do in the hands of a better driver(MPD47). Unfortunately my front tires are completely destroyed, although it’s odd because the inner edges are worn past the wear bars, while the outer edges are normal, think it would be the opposite. Any ideas why this would happen? I run -3* camber up front, but have never had problems before, so I don’t think it’s that. Would incorrect toe out cause that? or was it just the heat and beating the tires took, that caused the odd wear?

Also, my brother took 200 pics or so, not sure how many are good, but I’ll post them on here when he uploads them to his computer.

Hey, sorry I didnt get to go back out with you, hunt me down next time and I will for sure! (and take you out in the wagon if I have it) I was out in Pat’s boxster.

Your wear is a combination of camber and toe on the front, with -3 degrees and a touch of toe in that’s fairly normal.

http://www.mturck.com/944/DSCF4247.jpg

This was so much fun, as usual.

Finally got to put heel toeing into effect which meant a huge improvement on my speeds from last year.

My personal favorite points of the day:
1.) Being on the Supra’s ass for like 2 laps through the turns…you had me on the straights, but the turns were all mine :wink:
2.) Being right on top of Zong for at least 2 laps with Mike with me in the car saying “You FUCKING HAVE HIM!”
3.) Keeping up with a Boxster S, even though I only have a regular Boxster. Driving a good line > having a faster car.

Thanks to everyone I met, and everyone who gave me tips throughout the day :slight_smile:

…and yes, I didn’t get home until 10:30am with Dave… We just woke up now.

Oh, I forgot, driving McMoo’s SRT, reeling dmoffitt in the Z in and screaming “NEMESIS, YOU ARE MINE, MY NEMESIS!!!” for about 2 laps.

Here are some pictures taken with my little digital camera.

[quote=“MPD47,post:426,topic:26320"”]

Your wear is a combination of camber and toe on the front, with -3 degrees and a touch of toe in that’s fairly normal.

[/quote]

Looks like a set of tires that should have been flipped (mounted inside out) before the tack day. Usually when I get used tires I will mount the side with the most meat on the inside to get the most life out of them.

The S03’s I posted were at the end of their life and were used for some street and AutoX duty, not the ones from McMoo’s SRT.

Ya, my tires aren’t that bad, not to the cords, but definitely can’t drive on them. I’m thinking they screwed up the toe when I had my tie rods replaced last week, because I drove 5000 miles without any uneven wear with that much negative camber prior to this. Luckily they were almost to the wear bars anyways so it’s not that big of a deal, except that azenis are on backorder until late June, so I might be rocking snow tires on the front.

[quote=“Silver,post:427,topic:26320"”]

3.) Keeping up with a Boxster S, even though I only have a regular Boxster. Driving a good line > having a faster car.

[/quote]

Everyone was catching that S though. And remaining caught up, despite flashing headlights, horn flashes, black flags, and even what was probably much “too close” to his back bumper for a lapping day. :eyebrow:

I almost burst out laughing when the one guy (forgot his name), got in his face and said, “What are you, amtrack? I mean, I know it’s silver and all but jesus you had a whole train behind you”. Who ever you were, you’re my hero.

[quote=“eesti,post:429,topic:26320"”]

[/quote]

:tup: Got 3 of my GTO, thanks!

Here’s a picture I just took:

The wear on the backing plate isn’t as bad as the flash shadow makes it look. It had just started rubbing. The rotor was fine, and the new Hawk HPS’s I put on this morning should be a lot better than the OEM pads. The OEM’s looked like new before the track day BTW. If you wondered why I was braking early, this would be why. :lol:

Thanks to Josh for setting up such a good time.

I was a little late getting out of work at 2:45 but still was in time for the second run group.

I have some decent footage two different camera angles of a German stone thrower. Just need to find time to pull it off the cameras.

Thanks to “julie” for the Ridealong. and the few laps towards the end. theres nothing more fun than running till the Fuel cuts out around corners. i have 104 track miles on the odo from yesterday.

Just need to replace my stupid boost control solonoid so i can get past 1/2 throttle down the straits.

Lets see some more pix.

[quote=“JayS,post:433,topic:26320"”]

Everyone was catching that S though. And remaining caught up, despite flashing headlights, horn flashes, black flags, and even what was probably much “too close” to his back bumper for a lapping day. :eyebrow:

I almost burst out laughing when the one guy (forgot his name), got in his face and said, “What are you, amtrack? I mean, I know it’s silver and all but jesus you had a whole train behind you”. Who ever you were, you’re my hero.

[/quote]

Truth, but it was still nice staying on his ass after all the bragging he does to me about how his car is faster than mine. It was a personal accomplishment for the day :slight_smile:

And that was Dave, dmoffitt, that said that.

Wow that was awesome. Seriously, that guy did not know how to let people pass. I rode his ass for like 5 laps, without the motion to pass. I mean, yea I have a ugly-ass green neon, and he drives a Porsche, but jesus I’m sorry Im faster in the turns buddy…lemme by!

P.S.= I seen alot of people there with cameras, so BY ALL MEANS, POST UP YOUR PICTURES! I am dying to see any green neon footage if possible!

EDIT: Silver, change your sig to # of track days = 2 :wink:

lol Pat’s my friend and roommate (even if he’s slow) - although, admittedly I’d be that much of an ass to anyone :wink:

pics of my brake pads as soon as Joanna gets them off her digi

[quote=“Silver,post:427,topic:26320"”]

This was so much fun, as usual.

Finally got to put heel toeing into effect which meant a huge improvement on my speeds from last year.

My personal favorite points of the day:
1.) Being on the Supra’s ass for like 2 laps through the turns…you had me on the straights, but the turns were all mine :wink:
2.) Being right on top of Zong for at least 2 laps with Mike with me in the car saying “You FUCKING HAVE HIM!”

Thanks to everyone I met, and everyone who gave me tips throughout the day :slight_smile:

…and yes, I didn’t get home until 10:30am with Dave… We just woke up now.

[/quote]

Your car looked good out there. Hopefully next time I can push the Supra a lot harder in the corners and give you a challenge at least :wink:

[quote=“Thong,post:408,topic:26320"”]

So far, I found a 1:14 with a pass, haven’t gone through watching any clean laps yet.

2 am?! How lost did you get?

[/quote]

Well, being lost put us ~45 minutes out of our way factoring in the bridge situation. So much for the GPS in the C6 Z06… what a POS. As far as getting home at 2AM, we live ~ 2.5 hours from Buffalo.

[/quote]

Awesome pictures! Thanks for sharing…

[/quote]

Thanks for sharing!! great camera BTW!! you got some great photos… I currently have a new background on my desktop :wink: good job!!

[quote=“BroisZ06,post:439,topic:26320"”]

I currently have a new background on my desktop :wink: good job!!

[/quote]

me2 LOL