NYSpeed Weekly Poker?

We need a location. I am by the city but once a week I will drive.

Anyone have a hookup at a firehall we can use at like 8:30-9ish on say every other tuesday or another larger area with tables and chairs? I might be able to get one a few times a month when its open but it wouldnt be as long as we needed to run a tournament.

I was thinking two tourneys per month, on on the first and one on the 3rd Tuesday.

The first one is a $25 + $5 buyin. The $5 is a bounty. Anyone that you knock out, you get their $5 bounty for you. You will start with $2,000 in chips and can rebuy once for $10 for $500 in chips in the first round only.

The second one is a straight $50 buyin lockout tournament. $4,000 in chips and blind up every 10 minutes.

Both have standard blinds up every 15 min (none of the turbo crap).

Again we are getting way ahead of ourselves. We need to figure out a place to hold the game.

Working on that but it wont be ideal for a tourney since we would have a big time limit. Anyone who has a hookup would be awesome or even a resturaunt with a bunch of tables we can use when they are closed.

On a side note, is anyone playing tonight at seneca? There is the $80 + $15 tournament with $4,500 in chips and $10 dealer bonus buy in the first round for $500 at 7PM

ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

full tilt just now…i have QQ…there’s a pretty hefty raise next to me…i just call…next to act goes all in…all fold but initial raiser…i’m obligated to call, and do.

idiots are going all in with 77, 10 10, and i’m way ahead with QQ…of course flop comes 4 5 6, all hearts…now Mr. 77 donk has open ended and the only heart so 8 straight outs and 9 more flush outs…what an asshole…catches his river heart to send me and 10 10 packing.

side note:

that pot woulda made me chip leader with 3x more than 2nd in chips…with 20 players left out of 90 that started…

your first mistake is playing online poker.

Your problem is that you just called. You have to raise to find out where you stand. A raise at least gets the person behind you to fold most of the time. And if original better re-raises you, you know you are up against three hands, usually only 2, 2 of those 3 which you are behind severely and the other is a coin flip.

Was the original better the 77 or the TT?

EDIT: You also have to take into account chip stack sizes. I’m guessing all three of you had pretty decent stacks in relation to everyone else if winning the hand would have put you in CL and 3x more than 2nd place.

If TT was the original better and you raise him, then 77 probably folds behind you unless he’s short stack and knows he has to make a move. TT either folds or calls. If he calls you push this flop and he probably calls and in this case, you win. 83% of the time you win this with this flop.

If 77 is the original better then TT most likely folds, unless hes short stack. 77 folds with a decent sized stack to a raise and calls/pushes with short stack. If 77 calls, you push the flop. 77 probably calls with all of his draws, and unfortunately this time you lose, but ~40% of the time you win.

This is why you have to raise. QQ is a big hand but you’re either way ahead or way behind with it. You have to know which and raising will tell you this, and even if you’re way ahead you don’t want it to go 3 handed.

believe me i know poker enough to have known how to play that hand.

blinds were 50/100…the 77 guy led out with a bet of 900…so i put him on a small pocket pair trying to buy blinds. we each had stacks around 8000.

i call the 900…then 10 10 next to me pushes all in for 6700 more or something…and 77 calls…so now i figure i’m against a low pocket pair from one guy and A K or A J from another guy…either way i know i’m way ahead…worst case scenario somebody has A K and it’s a race…

and once both were all in before me, pre flop even…given the extremely slim chance of me being behind in the hand, and the enormity of the pot…i had no choice but to call…and calling was the right move.

had i raised after the 900 bet the 10 10 wasn’t going anywhere and neither was the 7 7…they were both begging to push all their chips in

i clicked them all i like check boxs

So you put the better on a small PP and you still didn’t raise him with an overpair when you have position on him? So basically, you’re letting a small pocket pair see a flop for his original bet and potentially flopping a set on you when you are 5:1?

I won’t even get started how you think someone in EP is trying to steal $150(2% of his stack) in blinds with a $900 bet(11% of his stack) when he has a stack of $8000… and then you put him on a small pocket pair with a BBx9 bet, but don’t raise him with an overpair, and then call an all-in for 6900 from 2 players “because you have to.” You were only getting 2:1 on your money and if either of them has AA or KK you’re 1:5, and if one has AK you’re 1.3:1. That doesn’t justify a call and AK normally justifies a call if it’s HU, but with the other player things change a lot.

Granted you were ahead this time and still lost (but that’s poker) but I’m just trying to help you out by telling you a majority of the time you are way behind, especially 3 handed, and you can find that out or win the hand right there, by raising.

Cheers.

I think we might be getting too big. The last time nyspeed had poker we normally only got like 20 people.

hmmmm it would be cool to find a place each week to do this which i am working on.

Still no word on a room to use yet.

On a side note, anyone playing in the tourney tonight at Seneca?

7PM and its a $50 + $10 Buy-In for $4,500 Tournament Chips. You get 1 $10 dealer bonus buy for $500 in the first round only.

I’m bumping this, I need to play.

Didn’t play on 7/29 but did on Wednesday, 7/30. Ended up chopping for 1st. Not bad for 54 players.

I wouldn’t mind hosting something… I can fit 30 comfortably in my basement.

Awesome. Tuesday nights… where do you live?

:party2:

edit: lol @ joe picking everyday

Amherst/Tonawanda. Right across from Bob Evans on the blvd near the mall

In! What do you need for tables/chips/decks/chairs/etc

Right now all I’ve got down there is enough for 1 full table (10 people). I probably have an extra 6 chairs. Everything else I would need. I can get some decent decks.