NYSpeed @ Winged Warrior Performance Challenge - May 11th, 12th 2007

thats when u just laugh at them then :slight_smile: haha

There might be a loop-hole for the tires. RX3 and myself were talking about it last night. I’m going to talk to the event people about it today and see what they have to say.

They also consider each tire make / model individually, so if you have a question about a specific tire, let me know.

I see that in the rules for next year now. Last year’s results show that ET wasn’t scored and trap speed was so I guess they changed it.

Rick was looking at the same tires I was thinking of last year so I’m guessing we’re on the same page. They meet the rules. DOT, not drag radials, 60 treadwear or higher.

I want to go and compete if I can, but this event is right in the middle of final’s week, so I’ll have to see.

I just read that rcomps aren’t allowed, this motivates me even more.

There are a bunch of changes being made from last year from what I hear. Any that I find I’ll make sure I’ll let you guys know.

As far as graduations go, Anyone who isn’t going to be racing doesn’t HAVE to be there on Friday night. So if you have a graduation that Friday, just drive out saturday morning :tup:

Graduation is the 12th…sigh

I forgot to address this.

If you car is gutted, they just bump you up a class. From what I hear there are a whole bunch of people who are gutted who have signed up.

Word, that’s nice to know.

so josh… are you gonna updae the list once people are registered?

when is the cut off date for registration?

Oh great, Mr Anti-Fun Hitler put together another event full O’ rules and regulations. :poke:

Kidding, kidding. :smiley:

Sounds like a good time, I wonder if I will have a car to take out there by then. :bloated:

Yes, I’m going to update the list accordingly.

There is a cutoff of March 16th for racers, but if you’re going to just show your car everyone should be signed up by April. But if someone misses the show date, they can pay at the door to get in the show.

alright sounds good. i should be able to register well before then.

i’ll keep you updated

I am deffinitly going. I missed to many events last year with my car down.
Question. When I register for racing, do I have to register for the show too or is that automatically done for racing?

Ok so they are discussing the interior ruling as we speak. They expect a favorable outcome for those without interiors.

Tires of 60+ treadwear are OK, which means lots of sticky tires are allowed. Even the Advans. The guy I talked to has the A032R Advans on his car now, and another has Toyo RA1’s (a treadwear of 100) so there are some very sticky sticky tires allowed.

CLICK HERE AND SAY HI :tup:

Automatically done. :tup:

worddd

done and done :slight_smile:

Josh,

If my car is ready (Jeff?) i will be there, but there are some pre-reqs.

Firstly, no major highways, 75% of the reason i’m going is to fucking murder some rural twisties like last year. I basically made babies with highway 15 in PA both ways. That must happen again.

Secondly, I’m only going if i can drive and if i can drive then my car must be ready and if the car is ready then i am going to beat the mother-fucking shit out of it and if that is the case then i would be competing in drag and sliding the fuck out of the auto-X so put my name down in red.

Third, Newman?

Fourth, you better get some sickraw footage of the cruise, like hire a cameraman or someone who you trust to operate your camera on the drive down.

Fifth, you HAVE to race me.

Sixth, i love you

Are there any famous roads on the way there or near there?

I just checked and Deal’s Gap is not even close, we should do that in 08 or something

I’m in. Gotta show Nyspeed love.