NZBMatrix is no more...

private torrent + sftp

How do you download torrents over SFTP its a completely different protocol.

I’ve made the php changes. Php configurations mentioned have zero relevance here anyway.

I’m getting some weird matching results too but I’m just ignoring them. I can still search and find new movie, tv and software releases.

Quite a bit of info on the sickbeard forums. That’s where I plan to do some reading when I have time.

i’m backfilling right now. it’s taking forever, but i was probably a little overzealous. I’m pulling in last 8 months of alt.bin.hdtv.x264 lol

omg… good luck with that. I backfilled a bunch of tv/movie related groups to 10/1 and I think that’s all I’m going to do. If I want something obscure I can always use binsearch.info. I’m more concerned with getting my index stable going forward.

it’s been running since around 10am… it probably wont finish, but I’ll let it run as long as i can.

What groups do you have turned on?

Just posted an update to the homepage explain that I had turned off music for now because it was so many headers. That leaves:

a.b.0day.stuffz This group contains mostly 0day software. 1d ago 2
a.b.classic.tv.shows This group contains Classic TV and Movies. 20 Hrs ago 361
a.b.documentaries This group contains Documentaries TV and Movies. 37 Mins ago 123
a.b.dvd.movies This group contains DVDR Movies. 1.8d ago 1
a.b.dvdr This group contains DVD Movies. 36 Mins ago 51
a.b.e-book This group contains E-Books. 36 Mins ago 276
a.b.e-book.flood This group contains E-Books. 19 Mins ago 935
a.b.e-book.technical This group contains E-Books. 53 Mins ago 55
a.b.ebook This group contains Ebook’s. 5 Hrs ago 83
a.b.hdtv.x264 This group contains X264 Movies and HDTV. 19 Mins ago 3725
a.b.moovee This group contains XVID and X264 Movies. 37 Mins ago 50
a.b.movies This group contains an assortment of Movies. 53 Mins ago 1649
a.b.movies.divx This group contains XVID Movies 37 Mins ago 82
a.b.movies.xvid This group contains XVID Movies. 4 Hrs ago 12
a.b.multimedia This group contains TV, Movies, and Music. 53 Mins ago 5310
a.b.multimedia.cartoons This group contains Cartoon TV and Movies. 53 Mins ago 11
a.b.multimedia.comedy.british This group contains British Comedy TV and Movies. 4 Hrs ago 14
a.b.multimedia.disney This group contains Disney TV and Movies. 2.2d ago 27
a.b.multimedia.documentaries This group contains Documentary Movies and TV. 2.2d ago 2
a.b.multimedia.tv This group contains XVID and X264 TV. 2d ago 2
a.b.sounds.mp3.1980s This group contains Music from the 1980’s. 5 Hrs ago 91
a.b.teevee This group contains X264 and XVID TV. 53 Mins ago 1250
a.b.tv This group contains XVID TV. 37 Mins ago 371
a.b.tvseries This group contains X264 and XVID TV. 37 Mins ago 163
a.b.warez This group contains PC 0DAY, PC ISO, and PC PHONE. 21 Mins ago 41220
a.b.warez.smartphone This group contains Mobile Phone Apps. 2d ago 19
a.b.wb This group contains high def movies. 1.2d ago 1
a.b.x264 This group contains X264 Movies and TV. 1.2d ago 6

There is a nifty extension in chrome/firefox called remote torrent adder… server downloads and seeds. I download from there.

This seems like its relevant to my interests. good resources on reading up on this stuff? I know nothing about it.

geehee, what do you want to know? Setting up newznab isn’t really for newbies…

This seems to be indexing and running quite well though. JayS, how’s it going for you? I have quite a bit of nzbs in mine now. A lot of 2012 stuff. I love how you can browse and just filter/view stuff with the DVD Cover art, description and rating all right there. When I’m browsing for a movie night for the wife and I it’s nice to just thumb through it. I’m digging it.

Yeah, mine is running great now. I’ve got it scheduled via cron to update 3 times a day. Haven’t had a monitor or mouse hooked up to it since I relocated it to my work room. I let a few close friends on with threats that if I see them sharing their login with anyone when I’m looking at the logs they will be insta-banned.

You known you can have a job constantly running to basically always keep updating right? It’s in misc/update_scripts/nix_scripts. You gotta use the screens command to fire it off so that you can close your shell and keep it running.

Actually there are ways to run it all the time and run it straight from systems init.d

Yeah, I’m not interested in having it run that often. That’s actually the script I’m using but I modified it so it doesn’t keep re running. I have it scheduled to run at times when I generally am not using the Internet. Last thing I want is to start lagging on XBL because some script is kicking off constantly.

Yeah good point. Probably want it to auto start on boot.

Jays there aren’t enough updates to use up a significant amount of bandwidth. But yeah I hear ya.

has anyone here used the multi threaded version of the update scripts? it’s a ton faster, but uses a ton of ram. I set my virtual machine to use 17 GB of ram, and it’s still paging… I hate to have it using my SSD for paging.

You can limit the number of threads, that should help with the memory usage.

I didn’t even think about that. I tried that, but even with two threads it was paging. I figured out that I accidentally set it to download 2 million messages at a time lol. It really doesn’t take that long to download that many, but it takes a lot of memory to process that many. that would be really fast if I could get a computer with like 64 GB of ram.

JayS I wonder what the cost to spin up a massive amazon cloud instance for a coupe hours and do this would be lol

Index everything then crack it back down to the “free” tier