:O Switching Auto To Standard?

Grew some balls and went to this mans house today that owns a MINT 1993 s13 hatchback… Its his wifes and she 82!! Bought it brand new. 150 000 kms on it, Engine has never been touched other than for tune ups or oil change. Brand new tires put on last summer. Never seen winter. Always stored in garage… I Was Absolutely amazed! Not a spot of rust on it other than the regular little bit of rust underneath the side mirrors on doors. Only problem is its auto :/: How difficult is it to switch it to standard? And approximatley how much do you think it would cost for parts?..

Use the search dude, this has been covered soo many times…

He grew some balls to talk to some dude with an S13, but never grew enough to hit the damn search button…

Don’t be assholes you fucking assholes. The guy is new, help him out. Your both fairly new too. As am I.

It shouldn’t cost you more than 3-400 in parts. Labor at SG or similar shops should also run about 400 bucks. So save $1000 just incase you get a bad slave or need a new clutch…

If you do it yourself, you’ll save alot, and it’s really not all that hard. I’ve done it 2 or 3 times now with friends, and if you have a helping hand, it’s not all that difficult!

Links:
Good place to start is http://www.240sxtech.com/
5 Speed Swap http://www.nicoclub.com/articles.php?id=183606

Best of luck dude. Next time, try using the forum’s search feature first.

Bahaha You guys are all a bunch of fucking haters ahaha… Pretty sad… Like why would you even waiste your own time to post BS on here? Nothing better to do with your time. As Osad said, im new on here, give me a break. Thank you very much for the information Osad was greatly appriciated Unlike those other assholes posts

yes but they^ do have a right as this is a VERY common question and can easily be answered by good or even son240sx’ search bar

Well its fine by me. Feel free to waiste your time

Hey man it’s not that hard… Basically get a clutch pedal, CMC/hardlines, CSC, tranny, clutch, flywheel, pressure plate and a bunch of time and patience… It can be swapped in about a day or so

I think its the best time to do an SR swap. I bought my Kouki auto, and a month after I bought it I did the swap. :slight_smile:

I saved money in the long run.

Yea,
Prolly the best time for a swap if you have the extra money,
Or just drive auto until you can afford it.

Is this the white hatch I saw on kijiji a while ago?

If so, nice pick up. I was considering taking it too.

yeah that’s true… But if the KAis mint why do it?

No this one is Green. Completely bone stock. He wasnt selling it until i came up to him and chatted to him about it a few times. Mint condition, not even a stone chip in the paint. And i was honestly thinking of the sr swap as it has to be the best condition to do it to but it only has 150 000 kms!!! Mise well run that engine to the ground first! I mean engine has never been touched other than oil change or tune ups. And its been driven by an 80 year old woman, so not driven hard at all.

Mine had 110000kms when the swap was done. Not even one stone chip on the entire car, only imperfections were two minor scratches and a couple dents on the drivers door. It’s obviously up to you though, I can’t drive auto, I was seriously getting depressed driving with it, no joke. But I priced in the engine swap with buying the car.

Plus you can sell that motor and have more money for the swap.

Like Osad mentioned, try doing it yourself ! it’s much cheaper but will take up time and space ! and btw 240sxlove… it’s spelt waste not waiste :stuck_out_tongue:

also speaking from experience. see if you can get all the parts you need from one person, don’t try to peace it together like I did, you just end up spending so much more time/money running around trying to find that one little damn thing you missed.
just my 2 cents.

i know that 99% of SON dont use the search button, plus when you do it dont give you the proper things most times… Back on topic… it not hard

PARTS

• Transmission
  • Slave - get OEM or Nismo, both great
  • Master - get OEM or Nismo, both great
  • Hardlines and rubber lines
  • Clutch Pedel
  • Brake pedel (or just cut the one on the car shorter… save money)
  • Flywheel - get machined
  • Clutch Kit - buy a proper one the first time, so if you wanna racing/drift the car you dont want to put OEM shit - dont mix and match to save money, like that bunny or maxima shit
  • Drive shaft (not 100% sure, but i think you do)
  • Gear oil, make sure its good stuff

^ yea you do need the driveshaft

Do it yourself for sure. I would not recommend going SR immediately either. Learn the car first. Go through it slowly, you’ll enjoy the process more that way.

Yes, source the parts from one person, I’ve done this twice on my own cars and trying to get parts from different people can be a hassle. Just find someone parting a 5 speed 240sx.

The parts lists mentioned here are not as extensive, but the bare minimum. If you’re interested PM me and I’ll give you a FULL list of everything you need.

If you have some friends helping you and there isn’t much or any rust on the car, it’ll take you 4 hours to do total.