Obama wants to ^ min wage...

You guys have the same mentality as looking at a bum and thinking telling to “get a fucking Job” is going to help him. Min wage needed to go up as has the cost of living

because of all the financial problems that we are having and he wants to raise taxes yada yada, when you raise minimum wage, especially at that much of an increase, you are going to cause a shit ton of problems. When you raise minimum wage, employers must then increase their prices to make up the differance, which then causes everyone else to have to pay more for the same goods, which in turn will decrease the amount people spend, and companies lose money. I’m sorry, but someone flipping burgers isnt worth $9.50 an hr. A cost of living increase is one thing, but he wants to push it $2 an hr more. That is a BAD idea right now!

well considering ive never worked for minimum wage, no actually its not, becuase myself, like everyone else if this happens, will have to make up the differance to employers by paying more for everything.

eh, you can’t help those that wont help themselves. Every dollar you give them for “coffee” is doing nothing to help better their situation either

I do give them my empties though

well regal will soon be $15-17/ticket ugh :picard:

very true. a minimum wage job is not meant to raise a family. it is meant for kids who are just entering the workforse and realize “hey this job blows sasquach cock, I’m gonna make something of myself and not be ok with doing the bare minimum and sucking off the system all my life”.

now we can have nice things?

wait, wat?

damnit Jeg :banghead:

:banghead: and :banghead: followed up by a :roflpicard:

that’s exactly what i was saying.

sure, someone has to do the cashier, cook, bus boy, crap jobs…but that’s what high school and college students are for. This country is way to easy for people who don’t want to better their own lives. If you don’t WANT to have a job… don’t bitch the free food isn’t good enough or your clothes aren’t brand name. If you are OK with working a shitty, low paying job then don’t bitch that you don’t have a huge house and go on vacations all the time.

yea some people think I’m an asshole for thinking like this. but i’ll say it to anyone. My mother raised me and my brother on her own… she was a stay at home mom untill my parents got devorced. after that she took it upon her own to work full time and pay to go to college all while raising two boys and being able to give us more then enough stuff to keep us happy and she bought her own house in WS. Now after seeing her work hard for so many years me and my brother are both pretty successfull in what we do and we both had to work to get what we have… just as my mom did to get everything she has.

This is AMERICA. The only reason you have to not be successfull here is because you let yourself down. As a Soldier i’ll fight day after day to make sure you all have the freedom to go after your dreams. BUT if you don’t have any dreams to succeed i’ll be the first one to watch you fall flat on your face.

You guys do realize that there are already too many of these teenager jobs right? look around in buffalo for instance. Where do you think all the ex ford, gm, axle people that had no skill will end up? There are nolonger enough good paying jobs to offset the teenager jobs. Now its more like having A job is a score, not what kinda job. This is why alota younger grads move outta buffalo. Theres plenty of walmarts and targets hiring, and not enough good paying jobs.

Minimum wage had to go up do to cost of living.

I can’t even pay my rent with double that.

so what happened to you

same here… sigh… I miss how fucking dirt cheap WNY is

reconstructive shoulder surgery> couldnt work for over a year> still getting myself out of debt from not working for so long…almost out, then i can finally move out and get my own place :slight_smile:

you do understand that we have limited shelters, very minimal re-education, half way houses, and other means to get these people back on there feet? Most homeless people are not drug addicts like the stereo types lead people to believe. A homeless person cannot walk into a job interview looking/smelling like a homeless person would and expect to get a job offer. Also a bum would most likely end up working this min wage job which would put them in a position of barely able to pay rent in a run down living situation, barely afford food, bills etc.

These wage raises are justified and needed because many people bust their ass in these jobs and do not have the opportunity to do any better. most of you who are worried now that someone else will be making close to your wage , well maybe you should take your own advice and get a better job

Just out of curiosity - how will a company with a mandated $9.50/hr minimum wage compete with a company in China/Korea/Vietnam/Guatemala with an average $9.50/day wage?

Oh, but wait, we don’t want to outsource our jobs… yet Americans want to pay Wal-Mart prices. I’d argue, something’s gonna give.

Tax imported goods to compensate for their cheap labor, then we get higher prices for goods overall, and retaliation for our exports.

Mandate a higher minimum wage, and our homegrown companies’ labor costs rise - which is either passed on to the consumer (higher food prices, etc.) or labor is outsourced.

And if you’re going to say that there’s always burger-flipping jobs, then think again… nine employees at $7/hr don’t equal seven employees at $9/hr.

But then again, per Obama, it’s always the big corporation’s fault.

Pick your poison…

I wouldn’t agree with you 100% on that. People that work at gm, ford etc. generally have no schooling and do the job a monkey could do. Now I’m not saying that is everyone. There are many skilled welders, painters and other specialized jobs, but in general I don’t see the need to pay some $40 an hour to lift, move then push this button.

I find it disturbing that Jeg spelled Sasquatch wrongly nothing more.

I do not want minimum wage to increase, I think welfare should decrease. Along with decreasing it they should make them bastards work for their money. He is a broom, sweep the fucking street. You need money? You need a job? Here is a fucking job, build a park, plant trees, do something except sit there. You want some money? EARN IT

It is funny that I have had a job working well over 20 hours a week ever since I was 15. At times I’ve had 3 jobs. How can someone not even find a job is besides me.

Your mother is a great example as to what people can do in this country, but you have to realize that just because we live in America does not mean everyone get’s equal access to education. Education quality in this country is based on a highly classified system of property taxes. There is a reason why the good schools are known as the “white” schools. People do have dreams to get out of poverty, but end up being denied the opportunity because of circumstances outside themselves and more socially embedded. If you ever want to see something eye opening do some research on resource allocation to public schools and then compare that to the demographics of the area. It is shocking and makes you realize that school A who has 1/4 budget of school B could never compete with school B on performance and preparation for higher education. (I am talking about primary through high school)

Do you people really think you’re that much better than the Mexicans? We should lower our minimum wage to whatever they are willing to work for.

JEG, you are not allowed to say a damn thing until you actually get a job.