Odd ticking sound from tranny

Ok so I finished my 5spd swap and when I drove the first time from around the shifter I hear this ticking noise. It starts off slower at low RPM and then as RPM increases it gets faster. Anyone have any ideas?

Maybe your shifter isnt installed properly? i duno.

What kind of TOB did you use?

Which engine did you use?

Sonnies or your Automatic one?

Was Sonnies an Automatic engine?

Could be your Pilot Bearing.

I used sonnies engine I which was a 5spd so I didnt crack the bellhousing open at all just droped the engine straight it. The clutch engages fine from what I can tell and dose not do anything funky. This sound dose seem as if its comming from the shifter area but that might be just because there is a hole there for the shifter. Chris installed my shifter arm so I dont think it would be installed funky. Could it be the speed sensor or is that very unlikly?

Nah, Does the sound go away when you depress the clutch?

No I am sure its not the TOB the clutch feels really smooth and shifts really well. The noise is there while the car is rolling regardless if the clutch is engaged or not.

It’s a dumb question, but how are the fluid levels in the tranny?

If the noise is there when your at a stop with the clutch in there isnt a problem with your tranny its either something in your bellhousing or engine.

No the Noise is only while the car is moving not at stop and its not part of the clutch. It is not the gears either not a metalic sound.

car bomb?

what did chris say about it?

can u get in contact with the dude u bought it off?

Is the sound there when your rolling with your clutch disengaged?

If so, could it be something with the propeller shaft?

This is a really confuzing thing the car feels perfectly fine so for now I am just going to run with it and see what happens.