Official 06-07 Penguins Thread

+1 on the pens looking nervous. 13 of them have never been in a NHL playoff game! Theyll come around…I hope :slight_smile:

:stupid:

:stupid:

:rofl::rofl:

anyway… hopefully we can pull a win on saturday

to bad it started a new page lol

Laraque will get scratched for Petrovicky or Ekman in my opinion. didnt have time to see if they said anything on postgazeete or on the site, but thats just what we were all agreeing on last night. Malkin and Sid were getting tossed around like little children last night, so them playing together wouldnt have done a thing last night. they didnt win any battles along the boards, get to the loose pucks or anything, so those two together wouldve accomplished nothing. malkin on that 2nd line is perfect with recchi and malone if they get in a groove. also, those 2 on the PK doesnt sound like a good idea to me. staal, talbot, armstrong, malone are just fine and way more effective. run those two units and itll be fine, if they play the way they are supposed to.

recchi is a nitemare and has been since about january, hopefully he hangs them up this year, malkin needs a jumpstart big time he has like 4 goals in last 25

hes gona be the guy everyone is lookin for to step up right about now. he didnt play great but he played as good as everyone else did, and no worse. if you followed him when he went to the canes last year, it was the same deal. he sucked at the end of the reg season but was one of the key factors in the cup run. on a team where we have most of our guys w/ 0 playoff experience, you need guys like him…and it showed last night that all our young guys (and everyone else) were caught totaly off gaurd.

Here is a very basic plan for us to win this series…feel free to add something I missed:

#1 Match Intensity…move more!!!

#2 When it seems you are gonna get caught up in the neutral zone DUMP…Forecheck!!!

#3 HIT!!!, I wanna see their players looking over their shoulder every time they have the puck

#4 Bench Laraque, I like him but for this series we need speed and forechecking, I like Petrovicky he plays hard

#5 Very obvious…Our O to step it up and fill the net, I think with more hitting and a better forecheck that will help a lot

i definitely think the biggest thing is to match intensity, we have to come out guns ablazing and firing on all cylinders, get the loose pucks, lay guys out, and win more faceoffs

I’m go glad we beat those bastards today. I missed the 1st half of the 3rd, came back and it went from 2-1 to 4-3. I was seriously like wtf?

just WOW. awesome game

awesome, but if they plan on winning they better do the following…

play better defense
cover rebounds
be there on the door step for garbage goals… backdoor/center.

But the defense is killing them.

Greaty fucking game n great comeback. It was pure fucking maniacism out there today, hits left and right, bloody faces, mouths and noses, throws into the glass ,hard and i DO mean hard fucking hitting! Thats what we needed to get them guys going, they were not into thier first game mentally as well as physically. Now we must keep it up and throw more hits thier way tomorrow!

Tomorrow’s game will be huge…sweet game 2day, I think now we know how playoff hockey is played and if we can keep it up and tighten up the D a little more we will be hard to stop.

I wonder if Malkin and Crosby will be on the same line tomorrow? They looked good together in the 3rd.

im gettin ready to go to the game now, i will not have a voice when i get back

LETS GO PENS!

Game is on fox sports now. not Versus

HORRIBLE game so far. no defense in front of the net at all. they look super flat-footed

there are some really good hits in this series.

Armstrong is beating the fuck out of people