Official 06-07 Penguins Thread

well all in all im happy with the season.hell we wasnt even supposed to be in the playoffs.but we surprised ALOT of ppl

yes

good season penguins…

:weak:

:frowning:

Oh well, it was good the team got a taste of the playoffs. I think some people seem to forget our main producers are either under 21 or over 40…so considering that I am very impressed in what this team has accomplished this year. 4th best regular season record for any Penguin team and 3 most goals for any Penguin team. Now I am going to go crazy until September when preseason starts. I really would like for the Pens to keep OG Roberts and Recchi. I think both of them play good hockey considering their age and also think these young kids can learn a lot from them. Then rumor has it we are shopping for a high scoring winger and 2 solid defensive defensmen. I also heard they may see if they can get Sheldon Surray…that would be sick…that guy rips shots like no other. Well I guess we will have to wait and hopefully we will have an even better season next year…which may be hard to do considering how awesome we were this year.

they wont get souray.

plus, we have enough defensemen to handle the puck / shoot. if we are gonna pay that kind of money for a veteran player, it better be for a top line forward to be consistant and play with crosby.

And a right handed defenseman… I still can’t figure out why we got rid of Ric Jackman. I really think he could have thrived in our system.

I agree…he had an awesome shot…he slumped at times but overall I thought he was solid.

^ what he said

As expected Crosby, Therrien, Malkin, and Staal are all one of 3 finalist to in some end of season awards…

http://www.postgazette.com/pg/07121/782469-100.stm

awesome year we had!!!

wow I applaud the Pen’s on a tremendous season. Good luck to Crosby, Malkin, and Staal. I know Crosby will get at least one of the 2 and who would deserve it more Malkin or Staal?

Can this sticky be removed now :stick:

:bigthumb:

just wait til 07-08 thread, bitch!

cuntmonkey:burnout:

Dunno if this counts as 06-07 season…but Crosby will be names team Captain today (youngest Ever in NHL).

I noticed a mistake in the article…Says he will turn 20 on Aug 8th (my b-day) but his birthday is Aug 7th…hence his # 87…he was born 8/7/87. Anyways here is the post article:

http://www.postgazette.com/pg/07151/790422-61.stm

Crosby to be youngest team captain in NHL
The Kid trades ‘A’ for the ‘C’ next year
Thursday, May 31, 2007

By Dave Molinari, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Penguins center Sidney Crosby will become the youngest captain in NHL history today.

Sidney Crosby: Making history again.
The team will formalize his appointment at a news conference at Mellon Arena.

Crosby has served as an alternate captain for most of his two seasons in pro hockey. He shared those duties with Mark Recchi, Sergei Gonchar and, before he severed ties to the team, John LeClair the past season.

Crosby, who will not turn 20 until Aug. 8, became the youngest scoring champion in league history in 2006-07, when he put up 120 points.

Vincent Lecavalier, who succeeded Chris Gratton as captain of Tampa Bay when Gratton was traded late in the 1999-2000 season, is the NHL’s youngest captain to date but was about a month older than Crosby is when he inherited the “C.”

Neither Crosby nor team officials could be reached for comment, but moving him into the captaincy for 2007-08 is an idea that has received almost universal support, inside and outside the organization, for many months.

The Penguins have not had a captain since a heart ailment forced Mario Lemieux to retire during the 2005-06 season.

Crosby will be the 12th captain in franchise history. The others are Ab McDonald, Ron Schock, Jean Pronovost, Orest Kindrachuk, Randy Carlyle, Mike Bullard, Terry Ruskowski, Dan Frawley, Lemieux, Ron Francis and Jaromir Jagr.

sweet

he deserves to be captain.

ftw!

As Expected

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/photos/2007-06-02/0603crosby250-f.jpg

http://www.pittsburghpenguins.com/images/200706/9308.f.jpg

Malkin won the Calder too…Therrien came in second for coach of the year

June 14th is the ceremony