*OFFICIAL* 06-07 Toronto Maple Leafs Season Thread

How many teams were even in the league in 1967? I know that was a big expansion year.

[quote=“JDMR2,post:399,topic:18511"”]

whos talking about the stanley cup? you’re the one who keeps bringing that up

i’m talking about the stanley cup PLAYOFFS

so how about you keep your yap shut until your precious mulch qualifies for those, and THEN we’ll talk about the cup

[/quote]

J-espo1- “Alex, Ill take good hockey teams for $1000”

Alex- “how many years have the Leafs made the playoffs?”
J-espo1- What is More than Buffalo.:headbang:

Alex- Correct! Select again.

[quote=“j_espo1,post:402,topic:18511"”]

J-espo1- “Alex, Ill take good hockey teams for $1000”

Alex- “how many years have the Leafs made the playoffs?”
J-espo1- What is More than Buffalo.:headbang:

Alex- Correct! Select again.

[/quote]

alex - “Actually, thats a technicality since the leafs have been around for a solid 60 extra years in the league. and just to add in on national television, i think the last time they won the cup was when there was only 5 other teams to beat.”

j-espo1 - :eek:

alex - “Sorry to rain on your delusional parade, son. I can give you the name of several golf courses where they will be playing in the next few months though!”

j-espo1 - :cry:

Alex - “It looks like we have a new player joining our game. Why its JDMR2 come to educate us on the reality of things.”

JDMR2 - “Thank you Alex. Before we start, I would like to point out just a few things. First, the Leafs last Stanley Cup victory was in a year prior to the Buffalo Sabres existence…coincedence? I think not. Also, since the Sabres inception, they have won more division championships, more conference championships, and have had more Stanley Cup appearances than the mulch pile.”

Alex - “Thats rather impressive to know. Mister espo, we are going to deduct points from your previous answer with this new evidence.”

Espo - :eek:

JDMR2 - “I would also like to bring up that since the Sabres inception in 1970, they have made the playoffs (including this current season) 27 times! In contrast to the same time period, the Leafs have only qualified for the playoffs 25 times. Since we’re throwing out some stats, I’ve got a few more. The last time the Leafs made it to the conference finals, was in 98-99 when the Sabres decided to dispose of them rather handily in just 5 games, despite that the Sabres were heavy underdogs. Despite the Leafs making it to the conference finals 5 times since 1970, their record in those deciding games are 7-20, including 2 sweeps, unfortunately preventing them from competing for the Stanley Cup since 1967, when in fact the playoffs only consisted of 2 rounds due to a lack of teams.”

Alex - :eek:

JDMR2 - “I think my job is done, next question please”

:rofl:

and ill have to give a :tup: on that. that was good, and made me laugh.

p.s.- are your stats correct? YES AND NO.

since the Leafs been in the league they have been in the playoffs more than Buffalo. Its not Torontos fault that the bastard little city of Buffalo wasnt selected to have a hockey team. True

Since Buffalo has been in the league (1970) they have been in the playoffs 2 more times than Toronto. True.

either way theres only one arena that has a Stanley Cup banner hanging from it, and that would be the ACC. True

Next time, instead of putting “IB4blahblahblah”… just put, “IB4IGETOWNED” :wink:

All the smack talk is going to make this thread real interesting Saturday around 10:30pm.

[quote=“JayS,post:406,topic:18511"”]

All the smack talk is going to make this thread real interesting Saturday around 10:30pm.

[/quote]

smack talk? no its real talk.

[quote=“j_espo1,post:407,topic:18511"”]

smack talk? no its real talk.

[/quote]

Go talk trash to the 5 cities you actually finished ahead of to win your cup.

Pre 1970 = no care.

Friday, March 23, 2007.

Toronto Maple Leafs at Buffalo Sabres

14:30 to go in 3rd period: 4-1 Leafs.

End of 3rd: 5-4 Sabres.

Leafs = :cockblock

Sabres = :rofl:

Leafs playoff hopes: :nite:

Ya, too bad I would have loved to play them in the first round :lol:

The only cup the leafs are going after are on the golf corse! FOUR!!!

holy crap a tonnnnn of leafs fans were there

J-espo1 You might want to get the leafs golf clubs ready! Ya know that i hate Fords but Stafford on the other hand got to love him!

Another great comeback by the Sabres.

Another great choke by the Leafs.

Now lets go beat their ass in their own house.

Wow what a game. Toronto has to be pissed they gave it away with less than a freakin period left!

Gonna be a hell of a game tomorrow night, because if the Leafs werent desperate tonight, they sure as heck will be tomorrow! :eek:

WOw, WHERE THE FUCK DID THAT WIN COME FROM!!!

[quote=“JDMR2,post:403,topic:18511"”]

alex - “Actually, thats a technicality since the leafs have been around for a solid 60 extra years in the league. and just to add in on national television, i think the last time they won the cup was when there was only 5 other teams to beat.”

j-espo1 - :eek:

alex - “Sorry to rain on your delusional parade, son. I can give you the name of several golf courses where they will be playing in the next few months though!”

j-espo1 - :cry:

[/quote]

[quote=“JDMR2,post:404,topic:18511"”]

Alex - “It looks like we have a new player joining our game. Why its JDMR2 come to educate us on the reality of things.”

JDMR2 - “Thank you Alex. Before we start, I would like to point out just a few things. First, the Leafs last Stanley Cup victory was in a year prior to the Buffalo Sabres existence…coincedence? I think not. Also, since the Sabres inception, they have won more division championships, more conference championships, and have had more Stanley Cup appearances than the mulch pile.”

Alex - “Thats rather impressive to know. Mister espo, we are going to deduct points from your previous answer with this new evidence.”

JDMR2 - “I would also like to bring up that since the Sabres inception in 1970, they have made the playoffs (including this current season) 27 times! In contrast to the same time period, the Leafs have only qualified for the playoffs 25 times. Since we’re throwing out some stats, I’ve got a few more. The last time the Leafs made it to the conference finals, was in 98-99 when the Sabres decided to dispose of them rather handily in just 5 games, despite that the Sabres were heavy underdogs. Despite the Leafs making it to the conference finals 5 times since 1970, their record in those deciding games are 7-20, including 2 sweeps, unfortunately preventing them from competing for the Stanley Cup since 1967, when in fact the playoffs only consisted of 2 rounds due to a lack of teams.”

Alex - :eek:

JDMR2 - “I think my job is done, next question please”

[/quote]

Dude. If I was allowed to play with sigs anymore ( :lol: ) and could fit even 1/4 of that in there, that would be on lock. “I’ll take fucking pwnt for a thousand, Alex.”

GOLF LEAFS GOLF!!!

[quote=“BLKGSR,post:410,topic:18511"”]

Ya, too bad I would have loved to play them in the first round :lol:

[/quote]

if we did, all the idiot fans from TO wouldent be there, which would be a good thing.

omg

why do i not have espo’s phone number anymore…ooooooh man i would have loved to make some calls after this one :rockon:

dude, we’re so watching the game together tomorrow lolololol