OFFICIAL '07-'08 BUFFALO SABRES SEASON THREAD

+1 to Sekera hate.

-1 to bad calls. I actually shut the game off when Rick went on his soapbox about the Lydman call for shooting the puck out of the rink. Listen asshole, I don’t care that he swung at it one handed. The fact is Carolina was putting on great pressure and the Sabres greatly benefited by Lydman firing the puck go into the mesh. You bitch about this rule every time it’s called against us, then bitch that it should be called any time an opposing team does it. We all love the “go home team” way you call, but at least try to be a little impartial when it comes to penalty calls.

I wonder how many of you would think the ref’s were poor if the game was on VS and you didn’t have Rick crying nothing is a Sabres penalty, and every time a Carolina player touches a Sabre it should be a penalty? I won’t mention the Montreal game because the refs really did suck there.

The fact is the Sabres are playing lazy hockey right now, and the majority of the penalties are a direct result. Teams are skating harder than “the best skating team in the league” Sabres, getting around them, and we’re taking hooking/holding penalties as a result.

The only thing that scares me is it’s the same hockey I saw at the end of the season last year, with people making the same excuses.