OFFICIAL '07-'08 BUFFALO SABRES SEASON THREAD

what about him? i hate him, but the hit he laid on paetsch was legal.

i’m more pissed off at buffalo’s pp.

well you see that… i see that… but i bet someone will bitch bout it being dirty… it was a damn good hit

Avery hit him when he had the puck. That’s hockey.

Way to stick up for Paetsch though. Just stand there and leave Avery alone. Someone better take a run at him, legal or otherwise, by the end of this game.

And if you can’t score on 2 full minutes of 5-3 you don’t deserve to be an NHL team, let alone make the playoffs.

meh, id like to see peters knock the piss out of him, but ill bet that its gausted that goes after him.

at least he’s back on the bench, even though he sucks. but their bench can’t afford to get any shorter.

the sabs are back on the pp. and Vanek deflects it to tie it up! 2-2.

i was just about to say that buffalo can’t find an answer for ny’s aggressive pk.

wow, nice deflection vanek!

Have you ever seen Peters fight? I don’t think he’s ever “knocked the piss out of” anyone. Shaking someone’s jersey and firing punches that only hurt the air does not = ass kicking.

Yay! A PP goal. Holy shit!

Great Mair, that little tap really showed Avery and was totally worth a penalty. Fucking douchebag.

haha, nice cross-check from dawes.

if the sabres can convert this pp at the end of the 2nd, it might get rid of some of my heart burn.

Well, at least you have time to run to the store and buy some tums during the intermission.

nah, i’m just gonna grab another rum and pepsi :slight_smile:

so what’d everyone think about the 2nd period?

i thought both goaltenders stood on their heads when needed and the Sabres came out a lot stonger.

this needs to be Miller’s period.

Anyones game right now, but my money is on Miller giving up the game winning goal while standing on white ice.

Bench is too short on D.

true. i don’t know why ruff doesn’t have players like hecht, poms or roy drop back every once in a while and play D when the bench is as short as it is. it might sound kinda stupid, but they have 2 rookie defensmen, kalinin and pratt all playing big minutes right now. it might help to double shift those 3 forwards every now and then to give them a rest.

Huge PP here.

aaaaaand vanek ends that pp opportunity…

WOO HOOO SHOOTOUT!!! just what aaron loves !:slight_smile:

and peters is an idiot by cheap shoting him

Yay Peters. If we’re shorthanded because of this I hope he never plays another game for Buffalo.

Edit: Everyone’s smiling so I guess no shorthanded.

you need to finish a tied ot period before you go into a shootout :wink:

and goddamnit, peters is a fucking idiot.

edit- thank-effing-god orr retaliated and swung back at peters. 4 on 3’s are deadly in ot.

I know you and I feel the same about the powerplay.
So I’ll say this,
Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then

i know… but aaron goes nuts every time it goes into OT… cause it always leads to a SO lol

another thing aaron loves… at least you guys have a point now