OFFICIAL '07-'08 BUFFALO SABRES SEASON THREAD

marty is out lol

Niittymaki in

3 to 1 pitt looks good for the sabres

5-1 now

Niittymaki is getting lit up now

How long before Philly does something else scumbag like now that the game is getting out of hand?

lol who knows.

i like the “go home flyers” chant though lol

7-1 LOL

:lol:

hell of a shot by gill.

nice deflection though

anybody else noticed pens are better without corsby

Don’t know if I’d go that far. The Hossa pickup certainly seems to be working well. They’ll be a real playoff threat when Sid comes back.

i cant watch this shit. wtf.

pominville with the rocket!!!

does anybody else think we should extend his contract this summer for like 6-7 years and give him 25-30 mill? he would take it in a heartbeat, and he has slowly progressed into a point per game player on a team with virtually no true star power…

keep that C on his chest too, i like the way it looks on him.

Pommers?

I don’t think he is worth that much yet… Tho I agree that we should lock him up now, while he’s still cheap.

i disagree… i think he is definitely a 3-4mm/year player. worth every penny. he should get a roy-esque contract.

:doh:

I misread it as 6-7 mil / year.

Yea, I agree.

I just don’t have the faith that mgmt will ever see it that way, or sign off on it. He’ll prolly end up being another star-to-be that gets to walk away.

yeah pominville is looking real good this season, but we’ve seen that before. coughcoughvanekcough. I would agree tho that locking him in at 3-4 mil would be a smart move.

well, not that anyone will remember, but you heard it first here… could you imagine what a steal it would be to have a ppg player locked up for that long at 3-4mm/yr??? seriosly. even if he was a 50-60point/yr player with a consistent 20-30 goals, its still a good deal. i guess i just dont see where the risk is…

im barking up the wrong tree. anyway, gotta win this one, otherwise its all a waste (more than likely)

im not saying we give him vanek money. half of vanek money, to be exact :smiley:

this also isnt a flash in the pan this year, he had 34g+34a for 68pts last year, and put up good numbers in his rookie season (including one of the most clutch goals in the post season).

i just dont think the situations are even close to comparable.

yeah i tend to agree with you, and like I said, for 3-4 million a year, yeah we should definitely sign him. I was just kinda saying “Hey, hes good, but look what happened when we gave vanek big money”

i want :picard: to score

i want miller to save something