OFFICIAL '07-'08 BUFFALO SABRES SEASON THREAD

well thats good to know that we would not have been in anyway

I agree with most everything you said, except for the high scoring part. If you take away a few games where they just ran the score up on the opposition, and they’d be sitting middle of the pack offensively.

Which again, comes down to consistency. I still think the successes of the past 2 seasons led to a serious decline in their drive this year.

The really bitter part of it all though, is that if they had been better in shoot-outs, we’d be waltzing into the playoffs no problem. How the hell did they struggle with shootouts as much as they did?

they might have been the highest scoring team for one game, but that dosent mean shit when your goals against is that close to your goals for.

I think that every team in the NHL has those games though where they get to run up the score. Its still an 82 game season.

T-bo is holdin it down tonight, to bad it means nothing except what spot boston has in the playoffs

oooof Weber…ouch

wow, what an unselfish play by roy…

ironic that thibault gets a shutout… maybe we could have used him a few times over the last 2 months???

BLOATED!!!

he is a beast, got right up !

i love that we shut boston out at home with t-bo in goal but it sux that were done for the year

i feel better knowing that if we had have won out we still wouldnt have gotten in

Nice way to end the season, at least.

Ugh. End. Season.

Fuck, this sucks.

Good to see the 3rd place SE Div winner had more points than the 9th place team. For a while that wasn’t the case.

Washington should be a lot of fun to watch. They’re my pick for taking the East. I think you’ll see Ovechkin really light it up in the playoffs. There’s a kid who truely loves the game and this is his first experience with playoff hockey.

^ and if nothing else, at least they’re not carolina :tup:

Just heard on the news that Quinn almost guaranteeing that that will sign pominville and miller to contracts… Geeee thanks for the guys that couldn’t finish the job to get resigned!!! Dont get me wrong pominville is going to being alot to the team but i don’t want to see them sink a ton of money in miller yet… Aside from that WHY NOT BRING IN A PLAYER OR 2 INSTEAD OF RELYING ON MAYBE SNEAKING INTO THE PLAYOFFS NEXT YEAR!!! Which is why i say again larry quinn needs an m-80 shoved in his pee hole.

i’ll be rooting for montreal/washington in the east and sj in the west

are you sober?

i’m not saying i disagree with much of what you’re trying to say here, but i don’t recall your posts in the past being so incoherent and hard to follow…seriously just take a deep breathe, calm down…click edit, and try again…

and PS:

why isn’t this thread locked? it’s the 2007-2008 season of the sabres thread…and the season is over, so why shouldn’t the thread be over?

time for the summer 2008 sabres off-season thread…and hopefully time flies so we can then start the 2008-2009 sabres season thread…

meh it can stay open till the playoffs are done lol

why the sabres are in the off season this is the sabres 07 08 thread is it not that is why the off season thread has been made.

sorry ill slow down.

The news is making it sound like quinn’s solution to not making the playoffs is signing pominville and miller to contracts. The sabres decline this year was due to a huge loss in talent and leadership. They went winless for what seemed like forever. It seems to me that just keeping the existing guys is barely a start to keeping the faith of their fans and players and not a solution by any means.