OFFICIAL '07-'08 BUFFALO SABRES SEASON THREAD

wow. miller may not be a superstart but he certainly does not suck as a goalie. God damnit that dude sucks ass(Coveted Hilton).

[quote=“Coveted Hilton,post:619,topic:36504"”]

Thats because he is mediocre.

he always has been, he couldnt even stop a puck the first season we had him.

i shouldnt even say We, im not a sabres fan.

They started the wrong goalie when they finally had a good team.

Then they almost go to the cup, and trade the only players who matter.

So go philly, Biron will always be better then miller.

and they made dumb trades

thats why philly is in the top five and sabres are barly 5 from last. /rant

buffalo will never win anything ever again, in the sports world.

[/quote]

You came from that Emo forum didn’t you? :wink:

Thank Jeebus for a W

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA DiPiertro got hit in the coconut…I love RJ

That was probably one of the funniest carubba collisions.

Good game, good win. Time to start putting together another good win streak.

[quote=“JayS,post:622,topic:36504"”]

You came from that Emo forum didn’t you? :wink:

[/quote]

Emo forum?

no, just pretty sick of sabres fans braggin up a team thats struggling because of management, not player talent.

[quote=“2TurboZ,post:620,topic:36504"”]

Yeah because Biron was the missing link for Philly. I forgot how well as a starter he did while he was in Buffalo.

Philly being good has nothing to do with signing Briere, Gagne, and Timmonen, Hartnell, and Smith :picard:

[/quote]

upshall.

and yeah biron carried buffalo thru them being the worse team in history.

barly under .900, even when buffalo was letting up 35+ shots, and scoring 1 goal.

but yeah biron was the missing link for philly, after the season nittymaki had… he had promise after going silver in the olympics as a rookie… but just didnt make the cutt, he will be good, with birons caoching, lets no forget who taught biron alot of hockey sense.

hasek.

and yeah brion has a .925 or better last time i checked, thats doing big things , expecially for a non flexable goalie.

So whuts buffalo’s missing link? besides that they make the worse trade decissions ever.

Briere is worth twice of the other kid they signed for 25 mil.

just got back from the game, sabres played great, keeping the puck out and stayin on top of everyone :tup: I do think that that NO GOAL call was BS that was totally in but reguardless we still won :clap:

[quote=“Coveted Hilton,post:627,topic:36504"”]

upshall.

and yeah biron carried buffalo thru them being the worse team in history.

barly under .900, even when buffalo was letting up 35+ shots, and scoring 1 goal.

but yeah biron was the missing link for philly, after the season nittymaki had… he had promise after going silver in the olympics as a rookie… but just didnt make the cutt, he will be good, with birons caoching, lets no forget who taught biron alot of hockey sense.

hasek.

and yeah brion has a .925 or better last time i checked, thats doing big things , expecially for a non flexable goalie.

So whuts buffalo’s missing link? besides that they make the worse trade decissions ever.

Briere is worth twice of the other kid they signed for 25 mil.

[/quote]

sabres missing link is chemistry and scoring opportunities, plain and simple. When they do get shots on goal, a lot of times, they are not really great shots, they need to focus on quality shots, not quantity shots. There is more then enough talent on that bench to win the cup.

[quote=“94Blackls,post:628,topic:36504"”]

I do think that that NO GOAL call was BS that was totally in

[/quote]

u can clearly see that it was kicked in and never touched his stick. i never had a doubt that they were goin to call that one back

Same great news for the Sabres:
http://www.buffalonews.com/258/story/228160.html

Cliffs:
Teppo Numminen skated with the team today. Could be back in a matter of weeks.
Henrik Tallinder is cleared to play Friday.

Huge :tup: to Numminen. That’s the kind of veteran leadership this team really needs right now. Even if he’s not playing yet just having him around the lockroom is sure to help.

It would be good to have a good veteran back for sure!

he’s really got HEART!

[quote=“MicaH,post:633,topic:36504"”]

he’s really got HEART!

[/quote]

ZING!!!

When the sabres get Tallinder and Numminen back, they’re gonna start kickin ass again.
can’t wait :tup:

[quote=“94Blackls,post:628,topic:36504"”]

just got back from the game, sabres played great, keeping the puck out and stayin on top of everyone :tup: I do think that that NO GOAL call was BS that was totally in but reguardless we still won :clap:

[/quote]

He kicked it in… thats why it wasn’t a goal dipshit

[quote=“boardjnky4,post:629,topic:36504"”]

sabres missing link is chemistry and scoring opportunities, plain and simple. When they do get shots on goal, a lot of times, they are not really great shots, they need to focus on quality shots, not quantity shots. There is more then enough talent on that bench to win the cup.

[/quote]

Well, I’m gonna have to think you are wrong on that one. Sabre’s are 4th in goals per game, whats even more weird is their goal differential, they are 6th in the NHL for GFA - GAA.

I think the problem is Defense and Miller. That 3rd goal was millers fault, a hard angle, shortside should have been stopped… But the Defense ultimately screwed that up… The Boston game it was pretty evident that it was the Defense that fucked up, regardless if there was an inability to get it to the back of the net on 45 shots…

you make valid points, but I stand by my statement that our ability to put GOOD shots on net, is simply not there and it definitely shows.

Lindy Ruff plays a risky defense for a reason. Boston is a cheap bullshit trap playing defense. They play the trap and when we take risks, they benefit. That is not the game that coaches should be coaching. I like the high scoring games, and most TEAMS do too. Who the hell would wanna play in an hour and half hockey game with only a goal here and there, just chasing the puck around? no one.

IMO our defense is playing the way that they should be, and its one of the reasons that we DO have so many shots on goal. The defense takes risks, but sometimes they get caught and the other teams score. But that just brings me back to my point that we need to capatalize on our shots more often…

I <3 teppo’s heart

Probably one of Bucky Gleason’s best articles. :tup:

http://www.buffalonews.com/home/story/228616.html

wow…great article.