OFFICIAL '07-'08 BUFFALO SABRES SEASON THREAD

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y78/98ss10/picard-flip.jpg

yea t-blow played like shit, lydman had a handfull of give aways, our team as a whole totally sucked tonight. Our offense is not producing like it should.They need to shoot pucks on the net and stop trying to pass it

ugh so frustrating now, its hard to watch these games now

can we bench lydman and finally win some games plz

Where’e eclipsed??? I’m waiting for his post… He’s probably out slaughtering puppies after that loss!!

I found just the guy they need to solidify their D.
He’s only played 4 games this year so I’m sure that he could be had on the cheap.
Also, if nothing else a jersey with his name on it would pretty much summarize my feelings toward them.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/players/3688

LOL

:clap:

as previously advertised, i was on my way to holiday valley yesterday during the game.

for my own benefit, and the benefit of others, i decided to make some lists.

PLAYERS I AM SATISFIED/PLEASED WITH:
4) Paul Gaustad - heart, effort, grit, toughness, willingness to lead. too bad nobody really listens to him. paul is a player, and im a big fan.
3) Brian Campbell - as usual, he is a consistent presence on the blueline. a phenominal outlet passer, as well as an incredible skater. i love watching him bring the puck into the zone. he will be missed (either lost to trade or free agency). i put out chances of retaining him beyond this year at 10%.
2) Dan Paille - talk about the total package: goal scoring, playmaking, forechecking, grit, toughness, and effort. since his benching over a month ago, he has impressed me more and more everyday. hopefully he will be a mainstay for a while.

1. Jaroslav Spacek - he has been everything we hoped he would be last year, this year. i don’t foresee his play dropping off at all.
    1b) Derek Roy - he really makes the top line tick. well, relatively speaking of course.

PLAYERS I AM DISSATISFIED/ANGRY WITH:
5) Ryan Miller - one word: inconsistent. he makes some big saves at key moments, but still is prone to giving up soft goals. in my mind, he is currently an average nhl goaltender that is going to command top goalie money in a year and a half. i would say our chances of retaining him are around 50%, and frankly, i am indifferent on this. why pat 5 mill a year for a 2.5mill goaltender? so we can handcuff ourselve MORE with the salary cap? :bloated:
5b) Jocelyn Thibault - .859 sv%? LOLLLERFUCKER. 3.7GAA? :lol: someone please take him out back and shoot him like a spent racehorse. what a joke.
4) Toni Lydman - he is a turnover machine. he consistently choses the stupid/difficult/nonsense outlet pass that leads to direct scoring chances and goals. i have no need for him. he doesnt score, and he is a defensive liability.
4b) Henrik Tallinder - he is supposed to be our #1 defenseman, and is far from it. ever since he broke his forearm for the second time, he has been a defensive liability because he refuses to use his size as a physical asset when defending. PLAY THE FUCKING BODY.
2) Thomas Vanek - he is young, i still truly believe he will come around, but bury your fucking chances for christs sake! how many posts/wide shots can you possibly make on quality scoring chances. he is paid superstar money for pedestrian production/effort. when is not good enough going to be not good enough?
2b) Jason Pominville - yes, i know he is leading the team in points. he should have at least 10 more goals than he does. seriously, he needs a new stick curve, or something, how many times can he fire pucks OVER the net or have pucks jump OVER his fucking stick!!! :bloated:

1. Tim Connolly - i am just about finished with him. he cannot stay healthy. the season after the lockout was a statistical anomoly, and he will never produce like that again. 5 goals is laughable, and he is a turnover machine. what is his injury now? groin? how can you injure what you dont have.

SABRES MANAGEMENT:
I think that everything negative that has happened in terms of player personnel rests primarily with Quinn. Regier has made comments that insinuate that his hands are tied to some degree. But, time after time, Quinn has made comments to re-affirm his arrogance. comparing our top line to Ottawa’s top line = teh :bloated: face. saying we stack up well against Ottawa = teh :bloated: face. his unwillingness to commit to players that he himself referred to as the core of the team is a recipe for failure. Guys like Chris Drury and Brian Campbell are the very players needed to cement a lasting foundation for a successful winning franchise. He already fucked negotiations on drury, and now he raped negotiations to a silence with campbell. enjoy selling games out this year, because there will be a significant dropoff next year unless something changes substantially. i will be keeping my seasons for as long as i can afford them (which hopefully will be forever), but not everyone is going to do this.

here is a pretty basic formula:
Key Player Losses due to Mismanagement

• Extended losing streaks
  • Unwillingness to address glaring problems
  • Missing the playoffs
  • Desparate/impatient/alienated fanbase

loss of ticketsales/merchsales/income

its pretty goddamn simplistic.

add clarke to your list of good players :slight_smile:

agreed. clarke has shown up as well along with pratt.

As a goalie myself I gotta give Miller a break here. I agree that he could end up demanding too much money for his play, but then again, this could be an off year? Who knows, I still think he deserves maybe another year to get his feet firmly planted beneath himself as the Sabres starter. Sure he’s been largely inconsistent this year, but his save percentage is still at .910. It’s not terrible, but could be better and would make a difference in the team’s record.
Now Thibault, I had much higher expectations of him and I simply could not understand why the Sabres gave away Biron and came back with Thibault. He is washed up, and I don’t think he’s fit for the Sabres backup for the money they’re paying him. Miller should log a ton of games and we don’t need an outstanding backup. Maybe even bring up Adam Dennis from Rochester and save some money with a cheaper backup.

What is Miller’s save percentage and GAA in the last 20 starts?

Your spot on Sam. While some of it is hard to swallow, its all true.

I would personally put Kalinin and Pratt on the “Shit list”.

Kalinin hasn’t won a one-on one battle in about two years and I can see why no one signed Pratt. He’s slow, gets caught out of position and for a bigger player, constantly gets out played by smaller players along the boards and behind the net.

Its funny how bad we tanked this with year…with how well we did the previous 2 seasons…

agreed, duly noted.

i tried to just let all that rip in one continuous rant, so im sure i left stuff out.

and, bobby, i agree about kalinen as well. although, compared to lydman, he is the lesser of the evils at this point. :walter:

i like how kaleta has been playin. he never seems to give up

damn, the trade rumor mill is heating up…

i have heard shit about havlat, jokinen, hossa, or various others coming to the sabres for various players out. its probably all bullshit, but still fun to consider, when nothing else about the sabres is fun right now.

What are some good hockey rumor sites???

hossa would be a fuckin great asset to this team, he is a unrestricted free agent at this seasons end.I doubt well end up with him tho due to the fact of our management not wanting to open the wallet a little extra for actual quality players.

Any score predictions for tonights game???