Official 07-08 Penguins Thread

You gotta love the Gordie Howe Hat Trick.

We’re lucky Tim Thomas is a shitty goalie and Andrew Ference is a pussy.

Yeah i was right behind the box and laraque was talking shit the whole time after they got the “delay of games” the first time. Boston fans were giving us so much shit when they came back but we got the last laugh!!

i never thought it’d be possible to miss fleury

Conklin has looked decent…but so did Danny. I just hope one of them can step it up. Conklin gets the start 2night…he is 2-0, lets hope he keeps it up.

Eaton may be out for the rest of the season…torn ACL in his knee…it’s gonna be rough w/o him. Maybe we should go to the free agent market and see if there are any decent replacements.

http://www.postgazette.com/pg/07361/844744-61.stm

Eaton has been a key player in the defense this year. He is gritty and willing to lay down to stop the puck. It’s going to be hard to make up for his absence. Hopefully his recovery is quick and successful.

conklin looked real solid last night but we lost roberts with a broken leg

Yeah we have some injuries…lets hope Talbot comes back soon, that should help a little. Sucks no Roberts tho…seemed like lately he was starting to look like he did last year.

We are pretty much half way in now…3 full months completed. Here is a breakdown of how look each month

Oct: 6-4-1
Nov: 5-7-1
Dec: 9-5
Overall: 20-16-2

The East is so tight right now…a little 4-5 game win streak can put you in first or second…but 4-5 losing streak can take you out of the playoff picture real quick. Lets hope the second 1/2 we can play above .500 hockey and get a solid playoff spot.

Pumped for the Winter Classic!!! Was reading and this seemed a little different

Because the wind could put one team at a competitive disadvantage under the conventional NHL game format, which call for each club to spend two periods in one end of the rink and just one in the other, the Penguins and Sabres will switch sides midway through the third period.

What’s more, Daly confirmed yesterday that play will be stopped when precisely 10 minutes of the period have expired, regardless of what is going on at that moment. A player could be in mid-breakaway or ready to toss a puck into an open net, but when the midpoint of the period arrives, a buzzer will sound and play will be declared dead.

“Both teams thought that was the fairest approach,” Daly said. He acknowledged that the stipulation about switching ends could be waived if teams agree to do so before the game, but added that, “the weather is unpredictable enough that they’re not going to request something like that.”

http://www.postgazette.com/pg/07365/845624-61.stm

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q50/drnick87/Picture3.png

Saborin > conklin.

Time will tell…Danny started out hot just like Conklin. Now Conklin is hot so you have to play him.

leaving around 4 am for buffalo, gonna be awesome

Anyone else see on PG.com how the Penguins are asking the league to move the gametime on Saturday, this is a great idea. I’d love nothing more then to go watch the Pens game then go watch the Steelers game back to back. My only thought is Hanna Montana shit is there Friday night so if they move the Pens game it’d have to be 4pm because there is no way that place could be made acceptable in that time period.

Not a fucking thing is going to move me from my TV at 1:20PM tomorrow.

Yeah I can’t believe that I can even get to watch the game even though I need to wake up at 7am just to watch the game. I like the whole retro gear and such. I wish I would have waited on buying a Crosby Jersey. I can’t wait till the the game though I hope they win…who am I kidding they will win.

awesome game so far

Really impressed with Conlkin so far. Disappointed that the Pen’s aren’t shooting the puck, they can’t get fancy like they would in a normal game, and they might’ve realized it a tad too late, time will tell.

Great game. :slight_smile:

x2! That sucks for the thousands and thousands of disapointed Buffalo fans going back home losers, after freezing their sacks off. None the less, words can’t explain how cool that game was. I was very impressed w/Konklins play, my hope is that we can start shooting the puck more and stop trying to be fancy. Toronto is going to be a tough game but I think w/a little rest we should play them strong. GO PENS