Official 07-08 Penguins Thread

Malkin :bowdown:

and ovechkin’s hit :kekegay:

That sounded like a really good game to watch :frowning: too bad I don’t get to watch them I just hope I can watch the All-Star Game from where I am. Sounds like the Pens aren’t doing too bad with out Crosby, but it does show that his presence was always good. Malkin is definitely stepping up.

Just watched the Sportcenter Recap of the game. Looked like Ovechkin was trying to hit Malkin, and Malkin just lowered his shoulder and layed him out. I think they should have started Conklin instead of Sabourin.

Great game none the less.

easy to sound like a genius after seeing how everything plays out but Sabourin just came off shutout, so u pretty much had to start him

I think if we can keep it up we may do well w/o Crosby…Malkin is insane…I truely think he will be within the top 3 scorers by ythe end of the year and with a little luck he may have a shot at it…he is only 8 points back now. Last night’s point got us 2nd in the east and first in our div.

07-08 Atlantic Division standingsTeam W L OTL PTS
Penguins 27 17 4 58
Devils 27 17 3 57
Flyers 26 15 5 57
Islanders 23 19 6 52
Rangers 22 21 6 50

07-08 Eastern Conference standingsTeam W L OTL PTS
Ottawa 30 14 4 64
Penguins 27 17 4 58
Carolina 24 23 4 52
Philadelphia 26 15 5 57
New Jersey 27 17 3 57
Montreal 24 15 8 56
Boston 24 18 5 53
NY Islanders 23 19 6 52

well yes he came off of a shutout but that doesn’t mean he’ll get a back to back shutout. I agree it’s a good reason to start him again coming off of a good game and all. hopefully they win the Flyers and Devils games to stay atop the division.

Crosby out 6-8 weeks. just got my pens alert text

for sure. i am not saying that that shutout means hes the new go-to guy in net, but id have a hard-time not playin a guy after getting a SO, especially when neither of our guys is our true starter. but regardless, Conkin needs to see the majority of the playing time, like u said, but i think starting Sab last night was the right move, but it was just unfortunate that he didnt play all that well.

Time for everyone to step up.

Think Shero will try to pull some strings by 2/26 to fill in Crosby’s spot/add some experience to the team?

i heard a rob blake rumor… i realise that doesnt exactly fill crosby’s spot, but i heard it anyway.

another old manturd

Malkin in for Allstar game.

Ive heard marian Hossa rumours for a while even though hed be a rental player

i think thatd be ridiculous, considering his salary. id be more concerned with saving money for malkin and possibly staal…even fleury. who knows tho.

Hossa we would only have to pay 1/3 of his salary…hes a free agent after this season so hed be a rental and wed have to give way too much to get him…IE picks and young guys

ya, i just meant there would be no way we could re-sign him for a decent price next year, so it would just be dumb, i think. i dunno if id be willing to let someone like staal or armstrong go for the service of a player for the remainder of the year.

rent hossa…humm…may be a good idea

Kennedy is out with Mono…will not make it to the young stars game and will be out for a little while

“Ovechkin!” :rant:

From the nhl hotel commercial…That’s what I thought when he scored. Ugh. We should be cool tonight tho.

yeah i hope. philly has whooped our ass all season