Official 07-08 Penguins Thread

Recchi was sandbagging when he was about to get traded. There is no other explanation for his sudden point scoring streak he’s been on since with ATL.

Being on the same line as #17 doesn’t hurt either

a fresh start playing on the line with the best scorer in the game cant hurt.

Too bad I missed the game last night b/c it was on Versus…did listen to it. Watched the highlights and indeed it seemed sick…Malkin got the HT…2nd one within like 10 games or something. Crosby is tied to the league lead in points and the Pens are now tied with Jersey for the lead in our division and 2nd place overall in the conference. Lets keep the momentum rolling!!!

Heard that Fleury took shots yesterday and should be ready to play by the end of the month. If Conklin keeps it up Fleury just may have to be backup. 10-0-1 is something Fleury never has done.

Great game. Free pens/springs winter cap night. They came in handy after the hats started flying! Laraque decimated right off the gun. Pens dominated first period. 2nd period was heavy hitting, Malkin/Crosby took some BS penalties. Don Koharski can suck fag cock in hell. Malkin laid out the hardest hit in retaliation. He can’t be fucked with. Crosby put the only big hit on Jagr, it was phenomenal. NY got the shots up high on us when crosby/malkin show weren’t skating circles around them, literally. Just insane how much talent those 2 have. “You can’t do that in real life.” Conklin was flawless. Jordan Staal is a young Mark Recchi. Just a hustler, plain put. Defense kept the puck to the perimeter with the exception of letting Jag’s chill out to the side of the net. Big no no and thats why he scored. Third period pens woke up again. Heavy hitting. Pens sealed the deal. Again, stellar performance by all.

yeah…Crosby and Malkin are awesome together. I know it is smart to have two solid centers for your #1 and #2 line. But for how good these two play together it is almost stupid to break them up. I know they wont now b/c we are winning like crazy…but I know it will happen b4 the end of the year. I say keep them on the same line and try to fill the the 2nd line center with someone else. Staal is decent but I am not too sure about his play making ability. Who knows maybe next year Espisito will be a manchild and can fill it. It will be interesting to see how it goes though.

im williing to bet on it, staal will have 30 goals next season

ill take that bet

Cool article on Recchi

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08013/848864-61.stm

very cool.

YAY!!!1!! the pens tie the Devils since they can’t beat the Islanders. Go Pens Puck is in our possession lets keep on rollin’ for sure we are be contenders in the Playoffs.

We still have almost 1/2 the season left…but for where we are at now and what we just did/doing to get there it sure is badass. Lets hope to keep it up.

dipietro played amazing that game if you were able to see the highlights

i think hes refering that the isles have a streak of beating the devils this year

its bout to get REAL tough for the pens

Saw the highlights it was a great goal tending game. Amazing saves by Dipietro. Yes I was referring to the Isles streak this season on beating the Devils the highlights of the game mentioned that. We’re doing good even without Crosby Sabourin is still doing well.

34th Page claimed for discussion on how well the pens will do without Crosby

malkin was possessed

I wish I could watch the games…I wonder when I move to CO if I’ll be able to find a way to watch mostly all Pens Games…Anyone know if I can do that?

you gotta order NHL Center Ice

thanx