Official 07-08 Penguins Thread

I have to agree 100%. We are going to have to pay some cash pretty soon…Maybe we can sign like a 3 mil/ year guy but much more than that will be pushing it. From what I hear once we get the new arena we will up our “internal cap” pretty close to the NHL cap…but that isnt until 2010 or 2011.

ya. and plus, its kinda alittle greedy to want some big-name winger to be crosbys wingman, considering we have malkin. its to the point now, where malkin is making a serious run at being one of the biggest offensive threats in the league and we are lucky to have the both of them. if we play our cards right, we can have two of the most dominant offensive players in the game for a long time to come. its not worth bringing in more big name guys at this point. if a deal is to be made, a guy like ruutu would be huge in the playoffs (if he can stay healthy). his forchecking is awesome and he plays tough. im just thinking along those lines and i consider bringing in an ‘established’ (aka-high-dollar) guy to be a bit ridiculous at this point. get the goalie situation taken care of, move some guys around if you must and bring in a solid guy that can be tough but still score goals, at a price that wont be much of a burden…ruutu.

You might be onto something here… makes sense.

awesome comeback…3rd period we looked great. Conklin looked great again. Malkin leads the league now…for now…Ovechkin plays tomorrow.

after seeing the pens lose the past 3 games i went to this season, it was great to finally see them win. what an exciting finish!!

my .02 on the trade deadline… don’t touch a thing, once we get some guys back from injury, we’ll be looking pretty good.

malkin and malone > *

those guys are playing out of their minds right now…T Conk was solid again too. nice save on that breakaway. hes been outstanding.

If he played this consistent all season, Malone would be on pace for 70+ pts. He’s been so solid.

That game last night was insane. Such a fast pace/high tempo game…good to see us come back after almost blowing it. I thought it was a repeat of what the the Habs did in their last game against the Rangers. Malkin had 3 more points including a sweet breakaway goal to put him up 4 points in the scoring race. I hope it only gets better once Sid gets back.

I was like wtf when the habs came back and were up one. But as soon as Malkin got out of the box I knew he had the fresh legs to spring ahead i was just hoping he could beat the goalie. And even the last few mins of the game were intense. I just hope sid is back for the feb 28th game here in boston. Its one day prior to 6 weeks so we shall see.

that was an awesome game. Sabu was alittle sketchy (4g on 17 shots) but all in all it was awesome. Malkin and Malone again were very impressive, which is the norm as of late.

i truly dont care when Sid comes back because i cant stop thinking that when he comes back either the lines are gonna shuffle around and breakup some of the chemistry or that somehow Malkin will drop off upon Sids return. i sure hope thats not what happens tho. hes playing out of his mind right now and i love it.

Somewhat rough weekend. I think we should have won the Ottawa game…but shit happens. I can live with it I guess. The Sharks game wasnt too great…we weren’t horrible but they had really good D. I have to say the one weak part in T-Conk’s game is breakaways…0-3 in the shootout. He was jacked…he wanted to break his stick going into the dressing room. It was sweet to see Cheechoo…that guy rips, had an awesome goal and scored in the SO. Tomorrow is the deadline I hope we get him , but i doubt we will. For the rest of the season it is crazy…not many days off at all. This would be a great time to get hot.

like we’re not hot? 2 losses yes, but we at least got a point. i wouldnt say we are a cold team at the moment. the big problem last night is instead of capatalizing on good oppertunities, they were all what it seemed to be showboating for the “big play”

and a side note. Ruutu’s shootout goal was sick.

Ruutu on the breakaway/shootout is no fucking joke.

I can agree we are not cold at all…but I think we are cooling down a little. It seems now we have been playing well for a while everyone’s confidence is up. Where now I am seeing us making the “extra unneeded” pass to make a perfect play. If you noticed when we were on a streak we kept it fairly simple. I don’t know maybe I am seeing things but it just seems that way for me. But no doubt we re still playing well and we need to keep it up b/c there is a bulk of games in a short span of time.

yes Ruutu’s goal was sweet…he was so smooth about it too.

Tomorrows gonna be a good game…Should we win, it will bring the confidence back up and we will be back on a roll again…I agree that we arent cold right now, just slacking a bit…The weekend games were unfortunate, but atleast we got 2 points out of it.

No Roberts for a while…we all thought he would be back in a little bit…well guess again…yet another high ankle sprain. He thinks Mar 27 is the earliest he can make it back.

http://www.postgazette.com/pg/08057/860423-87.stm

Still no waves made from the Pens today in the trading pool. Prospal went to Philthadelphia.

Watch it here:
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/deadline2008/

Any word on Havlat and/or Tuomo Ruutu?

Ruutu = A cane now…

I cant believe Montreal gave up Huet for a 2nd round draft pick… that is absolutely retarded.

And campbell not signing with buffalo after them offering his over 6 million! Gonchar makes 5 mil, nedeimeyer makes 5 mil, I think the top paid dman is lindstrom and he makes 7. But anyways campbell is a shark now.

I heard Havlat for Staal…guess we will find out in 2 hours…but is he worth 6 mil??/ I say no…then add in you give up Staal for a 6 mil guy.