Official 07-08 Penguins Thread

Richards to the Stars…looks like Tampa is unloading some $$…Richards makes like $7.8 mil

Richards is way overpaid.

Federov went to the Capitals… Looks like they’re trying to make a playoff run.

What’s nice about Havlat is he’s young. What’s bad about him is since he played in Ottawa he built his profile up which allowed him to become overpaid. We have to keep in mind Malkin’s going to be getting big bucks when his rookie deal is up. I wouldn’t be surprised at $6.5-7mil/yr range.

why? he’ll be unrestricted and they have Cary Price, who theyve been wanting to be the starter anyways. Huet has been rumored to be traded all year. hell, when Fleury was struggling early on, thee were rumors we were tryin to get him. i dont see it as a bad deal either way, given the circumstances on each team.

i heard we got Gill

Hossa??? i heard we just got hossa and 2nd and 5th rd for gill

Hossa for Espisito and christensen armstrong and maybe a 1st rnd pick

Pens just added Hal Gill right now, not listed what we gave in exchange yet.

Just refreshed and see we picked up Hossa. Oh snap! I’d like to see what his salary is.

http://www.postgazette.com/pg/08057/860543-100.stm

yep hossa…no more colby, armstrong and espisito…not sure if I like the deal if Hossa is just going to be a rental.

Wow thats a big move for the pens… Not sure how i feel about it but Hossa is a stud. But thats Colby Armstrong, Erik Christensen, Angelo Esposito and a draft pick. Wow… im going to have to let this sink in…

Hossa’s deal is up at the end of the year. If we are renting him we better make a solid run because we gave up a lot as far as draft picks. I just don’t see Shero cutting big checks to him, Malkin and Crosby in the next few years.

I’m surprised to see Staal didn’t get traded, but maybe that’s better.

I agree…time will tell…better not just be a rental

armstrong has been in decline since rookie year, espo is lazy, christensen is no good, ONLY thing i dont like about it is a first round pick, and i dont think we need hal gill

I totally agree with you. His a free agent here soon and i liked colby and espisito. Rollin the dice here…

I can’t help but say I’m excited though. It shows that Shero isn’t afraid to pull the trigger on a deal to make a playoff run if needed, but he also believes in keeping the youth here and building a team for the long run.

I can somewhat agree…but how do you know anything about Espisito? He is 18 and had yet ot play NHL level. If this is a rental deal then I am not a fan…unless we win the cup of course.

ridiculous.
how do we not need a 7ft tall, physical, insanely tough defensemen to clear the front of the net and punish forwards?

its unfair to say anything about Esposito considering hes 18 and hasnt seen an nhl game yet.

i still think its a good move if we are capable of signing hossa at the end of the year (which i think we will). i dont really care that much about the draft pick, only because we have a young team with plenty of upcoming stars. if we dont resign hossa then i think the deal was too much but if we can sign hossa then i think its a fantastic deal.

p.s.- we win the cup this year

Its going to be an interesting line up tonight. Doubt we will have any other players…

PS When is sid coming back? I hope its thursday because im going to the game up here in boston!!!@2

I agree 100% with everything. Gill is a good pickup…6’7" and 250lbs…he will fit in nice

gill lacks the speed to be worth anything in the new nhl, read up on esposito and youll see why he was once predicted to go 1st overall and instead went like 20th

noone was thinkin about his lack of speed a couple years ago when he was destroying every forward we had (crosby rookie year) when we played boston. he shuts down hi-caliber forwards like he did to us.

old news about espisito. kessel dropped in his draft too and hes awesome now that hes in the nhl, so what?